Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Getting Help With Planning??

Casey, on July 27, 2018 at 01:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hey all!

I think I'm going crazy trying to figure out my wedding all by myself with some input from my FH.
My mum has been helping a bit but I feel like there is so much that I have to do and not enough help to do it.

How do I ask my MOH/bridesmaid for help, especially if shes in my hometown and not where I live now?

Thank you!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on July 27, 2018 at 22:14
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I call my mom constantly (she lives in MB we are in NS) and my FH helped with as much as possible before being deployed. I was super overwhelmed at first though but as soon as we chose our venues we crossed of a lot of the major things very quickly.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly my saviour is having a wedding check list! The one here on Wedding Wire is great but I have combined it with a few others I found online to make my own ultimate wedding checklist and I try to stick to it as best I can!

If you want other people to help my best advice is give them something very specific to do! Explain in very clear details what you need them to do and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just pick up the phone and call her. And be open with her. It’s not easy when your not used to asking for help but it’s not that big a deal. I would suggest having something already picked out that you would like her help with. And be open to her input on it.

I’m also not one to usually ask for help. I’m very independent and I usually just figure out a way to do it all myself and most people know that so they don’t push to get involved. However, as soon as I’ve asked for feedback or help people have been more than happy to help out with stuff.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH immediately asked me what I needed her to do when I asked her to be in the wedding. We made a group chat with the whole wedding party and a separate one for just the bridal party so whenever my fiancé or I need something done or help with something we just send a message via the chat and someone usually offers to help out.
    part of being in the wedding party is helping out so they should be ok with helping out with what they can. As long as it's something she can do from where she is of course.
  • A
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great plan! I don't even have a timeline yet...now I feel disorganized LOL. Hopefully your maids are just awesome people and will jump at the chance to help you! I'm sure they will!

• Casey
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm the same way!! I've been struggling to ask but it's getting to be way too much work and stress. What I'm going to do is upload the timeline I'm using to our fb group and ask who can help with what!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have your MOH come down or meet somewhere to go through what needs to be done and where you stand with the planning. Her part while she can do as well. Keep in touch by video chat for updates.
  • A
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just ask! If she is your MOH/Bridesmaid, I think she is likely aware you might ask for some help. My maids keep actually asking me WHEN I will need them, cause I have been doing the same as you and trying to handle everything.

It doesn't hurt to ask. Just ask them to do whatever they can for you, print things, start DIY projects, online searching.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you guys are close enough there shouldn't be an issue with you saying "Hey, would you mind helping me out?" Take into account that most of the time, this should be things they can do on weekends if they work, or accommodate as much as you can to their schedule. I'm in the same situation, but in her case she was the one that told me she could lend a hand with anything.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd create a group with your Wedding party on fb or in email with a to do list. I'd say any help would be appreciated and I'd also let them know you are feeling overwhelmed Planning a Wedding is tough no matter what but especially if you are doing it alone. You're bride tribe will be happy to help you.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sure there are things she can do from another town! Just tell her you’re feeling overwhelmed and need some help. She might not be able to do certain things, but she could always make phone calls to vendors, do some research on prices, and even just have some FaceTime calls for someone else to bounce ideas off of!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics