Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2017 Quebec

Games

Amanda, on September 7, 2017 at 20:26 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
I wanted to get a few opinions on a game that my FH and I wanted to play at the reception. Its called Pie in the face. We would put 2 jars in front of the sign explaining the how to of the game. Who ever has more money in the jar by whatever selected time will get a whipped cream pie in the face. Its all to help with our honeymoon. Has anyone else done something like this or seen it and what are your thoughts? Thanks ladies 😊

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 12, 2018 at 07:58
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That was done for us at the buck and buck. His co workers that put the whole thing together had us both whipped cream in the face. Just get ready to get messy. Have napkins or paper towel handy.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for everyones input..I appreciate it. Im not worried about getting whipped cream on my face..lol im very laid back and it was actually my idea lol...I know these games are played more at a buck n doe type thing..but as I opted to have on cause the budget was tight and due to us only having the photographer for 5 hrs, we have to cramp all the important stuff at the begining of the reception. So im trying to find fun alternatives for later in the evening. Im not worried about my hair or makeup as most if it will already be wreaked by the end of the night. I just wanna have a blast with all my friends that are there! 8 more days to go 😁😁
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're more laid back than me for sure! My friend did this at her stag and doe, but I can't even imagine doing this at my wedding. I already told my fiance not to mush the cake in my face after the cutting! LOL

If you really want to do it, maybe have someone take the pie for you as a proxy as some others have suggested.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would be worried about getting my dress dirty so I would have someone be your proxy to take the pie in the face should you lose. I think it is a fun idea though!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard of this game happening at jack and jills/stag and does, here in Ontario. It is a popular one for sure! I would just make sure you have a towel and what not handy! I wouldn't want any pie on my dress or in my hair etc on my wedding day!

• Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm from Ontario, and here we play that game at Stag and Does/Jack and Jills. (Which is pretty much a wedding fund raiser) and people love it! It always goes over really well and makes a couple hundred dollars! But be warned, as the female, you WILL be the one who gets the pie in the face lol I've never seen it happen to the man.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that you, as the bride, should have a representative that takes the pie in the face for you. Keep wipes and tea towels handy for the clean up.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok I just checked you profile and I see you are a fun loving bride, and that's exactly your wedding style. I also see that you are from Quebec and it's my understanding that they don't have stag and does, or socials there, so I get why you will have this game at your wedding. All I can say is Go for it, if it helps with the honeymoon go for it. Youe wedding sounds like it will be a very fun time and a blast.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen this at a few stag and does, I've never seen it at a wedding. Truthfully it all depends on your style of wedding, if you have a more relaxed wedding go for it, but it's not something for a formal wedding. Personally I would not want to be the bride that gets a pie in the face, after all the time I put in finding my dress, accessories, and having hair and makeup done. But every wedding and bride are different, so him for it! I do know it was a hit at the stag and does. What type of wedding are you having?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics