Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

De Andra
Newbie April 2021 Ontario

Full Year Wedding Planner vs. Month of Wedding Planner?

De Andra, on May 3, 2020 at 16:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I'm battling with myself with whether I need a full year planner vs. day or month of or ever day! I didn't expect to "want" to be as involved as I am. I'm 11 months away from my wedding and I do have a full year planner, but I'm debating if it is necessary as I am actually becoming obsessed with planning it myself. She has been great when I needed her, don't get me wrong, but I'm feeling that a lot of what is being done, I could do/want to do myself. As anyone felt this way when planning their wedding? What did you find worked best for you?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 12, 2020 at 18:43
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are just having a day-of coordinator. I've done the entire wedding planning for the past 2 and half years. Just don't want to be stressed on the wedding day and have to deal with all of the little things that come up on the day

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going the route of day-of coordinator. I love event planning but don't want the stress of day-of. I think this way we get the best of both worlds.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest! Day of coordinator! That is all you need if you are well organize and know all you want and if you can book all your vendors! My day of coordinators! Will be 2 girls! They will be there from morning till the end of party! They will put my decorations, they will take them down, they will help my guests and so on! They will receive all the vendors and so on! I would love to have wedding planner, but the one I want would cost my a leg! So if I can not afford it will do much better than any regular wedding planner! Also I use all good vendors, so feel comfortable! I use fake flowers during my wedding, less problems, I am renting decors from good company! So all this make me stress free. I am planning to have 2 shows during wedding. Brazilian dancers and magic man! DJ, Photographer, Videographer. And so on! All you need is to know, what you want and what you dont want! And to find good vendors! But my wedding is small 25-30 people, so I feel like I would organize some party! Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say that the year planner us worth to get if you do have a full set up given the amout of work and time. Guest count of medium to large numbers also comes into consideration too.
    Personally I had planned to have a coordinator for the work done given it was costing me a lot. My husband kept on blowing up on about the high expenses anger wise. Eventually I did cancel the coordinator and got the remaining of the half back refunded. We had a small wedding with little to do. The bags were organized by me to know what was for the head table, gift table, and tables set up.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the month of. i enjoyed planning things and researching things. and a year is plenty of time to book vendors and pay down vendors.

• De Andra
    De Andra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Vanessa! We definitely have shared the same thoughts. A lot of my vendors were booked prior to booking my planner and then after the fact, were vendors I was already interested in so I was having a hard time justifying the extra expense. I will definitely keep her as she's been super helpful, but for a shorter period of time. Thank you!
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So you are definitely not alone here as I have felt this way many times. Right away I knew I wanted a full planner but there was always that little voice that said ... "I could do it myself, I still want to be involved but maybe my planner could just do it .. I really like this vendor that I found so why am I paying my planner to find vendors" etc.

So many thoughts going through my head but I have always landed on the same thoughts ... what if I need to contact my vendor to have a difficult conversation, what if I choose a vendor that is super expensive because I didn't know where to look, what if I don't want to confront vendors that I don't want to use, what happens if I don't like something and I don't want to contact the vendor on my own, what questions do I ask when talking to them etc. The answer if your planner ... there has been a few times were we didn't want to use a vendor that kept emailing us so our planner stepped in and had a conversation with them. When we were booking our officiant, we had NO idea what questions to ask so our planner put them together for us in advance. When we were trying to find a DJ she found on within our budget that ended up saving us over $1500.00 because she had a preferred list with a discount.

Both my fiance and I travel a lot for work (not right now though) so I wanted to be prepared to not be as involved as I wanted to be. Our planner has made sure that she takes care of everything while still including us in the whole planning process .. we don't have to worry about appointment booking, or budget tracking or following up with vendors or any organization whatsoever. She takes the worrying and stressing out of the equation which may not sound big but it is.

Also, I know COVID doesn't happen often/ever and no one could have predicted this but during this time where we had engagement photos cancelled, bridesmaid dress shopping cancelled, suit appointments cancelled etc. our planner was there for us and took charge so that we could just try to relax during this stressful time.

Hope you can settle on a choice that works best for you Smiley smile

• De Andra
    De Andra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! I was able to switch. The savings is going to help a lot and she is flexible if i do decide that I need the additional help!
  • De Andra
    De Andra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I agree. I think my issue is that I had a number of vendors booked prior
  • Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a month of planner as I wanted to do the planning myself and just have my planner to deal with all the vendors during the last month. But as apart of her services, she also allows for questions/advice as soon as hired. I would switch to month of if it isn't too late. I think most of them will still offer you advice if needed and it will allow you to take control of the planning as well as save you money Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're already committed to a full year planner, you should be providing him or her your vision so they can find the proper vendors (hopefully at friendly rates) to execute. Having a full year planner does not remove you from the planning process. It's still all about what you want and what you envision. The planner can offer advice and suggestions on enhancing and executing said vision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics