Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany & Ryan
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Full time wedding planner

Brittany & Ryan, on May 7, 2021 at 22:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi there,

Back at the beginning of our wedding planning, we decided to hire a full time wedding planner as we are planning a wedding out of province and both work full time.

Initially, she was very helpful and helped us book our venue and photographers. She also provided us with recommendations and her vendors list.

However, I have not heard from her in over a month since booking our photographer?

Im just wondering how much are full time planner suppose to do?

I feel like it was pretty costly to have just sent a recommended vendors list and when should we book what.

Any insight? What all did others full time planners do for them?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 27, 2021 at 13:10
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds to be a red flag sign of nothing being done besides some bookings and lists sent to you without saying if she has an urgent matter to take care about and when she would be back. The full time planners are to take care of all your bookings, contacts and layouts for what you want done if they are offering their services. Clearly they left things in a bad way for you and need to resume or refund your money for not continuing if they are not working with you.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry I should have clarified - the first part of my message was about you saying it seems like she's just doing the job of a month of coordinator and so you were confused about what exactly she should be doing for you. I was essentially going off on a tangent about month of coordinators vs planners.

I totally understand why would want a planner in your situation and she absolutely should be helping you book the rest of your vendors unless she's made it very clear to you that she isn't.

If she's not returning any of your emails/messages that's a bit worrying. Do you have alternate contact info?

• Brittany & Ryan
    Brittany & Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Referring back to my original post, I stated we valued the extra help as we both work full time and it’s all out of provinces so some insider input/help was needed.

I have contacted her and no reply. Looking for input if my exception are skewed and this is what full time planning is.For the venue she created a price/pros/cons spread sheet and I was under the impression she would help with each vendor not just two.
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I mean I guess it's a moot point now, but if you're willing to put the legwork into finding, booking, and communicating with all of your vendors I personally don't see a lot of value in a planner when you could just get a coordinator instead. But I know people that just don't have the time or don't want to deal with all of that so I totally get why some people hire them. I've also heard of planners sometimes paying for themselves because they can find you vendors in your price range you may not have otherwise found or they have relationships with vendors and can get you a discount. Just getting prices from vendors can be a lot of work so I can see how a planner would make things easier there. And they obviously save you time which for some people is a huge factor.

Definitely contact her and get her input on next steps. I'm sure she has a plan but it just hasn't been communicated to you yet. It would probably also give you some peace of mind to set up meetings in advance so you know the next time you'll hear from her and if there are any decisions that need to be made before each meeting. It can even just be a quick check in to make sure everything is going according to plan and to get updates.

• Brittany & Ryan
    Brittany & Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Thanks for your reply,
    I only have 2 vendors booked (venue and photography) 🥵 that’s where the confusion was lying for me, I understand that most of the work won’t happen until right before the wedding but how is that any different than month of coordination 🤪
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't hire a planner, but from my understanding they will help you find and book vendors and then have periodic meetings with you to discuss decor, food, timelines, etc. They will also help coordinate your vendors on your wedding date and deal with any issues that arise.

As someone who didn't have a planner I can say that once you have your vendors not a lot actually happens until much closer to the wedding unless you're doing a bunch of DIYs or something. You can't really finalize anything until you have your guest count and that won't happen until maybe a month out from the wedding. But if there's anything you want to discuss with your planner definitely send her an email and set up a meeting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics