Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naomi
Curious September 2018 British Columbia

Friday Morning Bridal Shower

Naomi, on May 8, 2018 at 21:36 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
My grandma and best friend are co-hosting a bridal shower for me a couple of months before the wedding. They have planned it for a Friday morning, and I am concerned that quite a few of my family and friends won’t be able to attend due to the time. Have any of you had success with a weekday morning bridal shower, or should I ask them to reschedule it for the evening or perhaps another day altogether?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Naomi, on May 9, 2018 at 19:10
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback!

I asked my friend how many ladies they were hoping would attend the bridal shower, and she said maybe a dozen, but they are okay with a few more or less. I have 22 ladies that I'd like to invite and based on what I know about their work schedules I'm guessing that between 9 and 12 will be able to attend a bridal shower at 10am on a Friday. Smiley smile So I've decided that I am not going to ask my grandma and friend to reschedule the bridal shower for another date or time, but I did ask them to send the invites out at least six weeks in advance to give folks a chance to book time off work if they wish to attend.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would consider asking them to reschedule to an evening or weekend, as most people work during the weekday. Or give your invitee's ample notice so they can request time off work.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would consider switching it to a Saturday or Sunday. Personally, I wouldn't book a day off of work for a wedding shower.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think many people would be able to come on a weekday morning. Some people might be a bit annoyed as well if they have limited vacation days that they have to book one off for your shower.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of it being done before. It would work for some crowds but not everyone has Friday off. I think you can mention something or just let it be a quiet, more intimate shower. Maybe they know it’s an abnormal time but wanted to have a quieter shower.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never heard of a bridal shower being held during a weekday. I'd suggest requesting them to move it due to the likelihood that most people can't get the time off work on a Friday morning.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't heard of a week day shower to be honest. As said, I think it depends what sort of schedules your friends and family keep... if they're teachers or if they typically work shift work.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess it would depend on what your friends and family who would be attending do for a living. Most of my friends are teachers, so if it was being held during the summer months, many would be able to attend on a Friday morning.

If you think a lot of people couldn't make it though because they would be at work, then I would suggest you chat with them about changing it to a weekend or evening when more people would be able to come.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics