Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious June 2019 Alberta

Food between ceremony and dinner (not a cocktail hour)

Kayla, on March 27, 2019 at 18:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
So, we’re havibg a very small wedding of 20 people. Our ceremony and reception will be in our backyard. The ceremony is at 2pm and dinner is at 5:30. (We are getting pictures done and we have a small daughter that still needs an afternoon nap inbetween.)

My mum suggested that we have some food between the ceremony and dinner. Can I get some suggestions? It would be amazing to have like a “food station” or something... but sandwiches and finger foods would probably be cheap... suggestions welcomed!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 29, 2019 at 09:53
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Snacks are always good.. maybe an antipasto type table??

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes to this! Smiley laugh

• K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea, cold will probably be the way to go! We are having chefs onsite to cook 10oz steaks, along with a bunch of bbq sides, salads, and build your own potatoes. We have a local bakery making each person their own pie 😂 so I feel like there’s going to be a ton of dinner food and I don’t want people to fill up too much on apps.
  • K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mmmm that sounds so yummy! Haha but would be hard to cook ourselves as we have some tight timelines !
  • K
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea! One handed makes a lot of sense!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Finger food as sandwiches are a great way of offering variety along veggies & dip. Small canapes (round shaped) with simple layers for taste. Even crackers can work as a base.

th?id=OIP.I-Rqum0ifenlIjv79HtK0QHaD4&w=3th?id=OIP.81mlmmUazfzoc7pSvsLxEQHaHa&w=2

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest the cheature boards. this is just nicely placed veggies, fruit, meat, cheeses, sometimes breads. its a munchie board and people love it! You can customize it to your liking, these are just examples.

Grazing table 1Food between ceremony and dinner (not a cocktail hour) 1grazing table 2Food between ceremony and dinner (not a cocktail hour) 2grazing table 3Food between ceremony and dinner (not a cocktail hour) 3

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla Smiley smile

Great suggestions from the previous posters!

I would definitely recommend some lights bites you can eat with 1 hand! Crackers, cheese plate, meat plate, veggie plate, dips, fruit, etc.

As Erin said, cold food items would be super handy as you wouldn't need equipment to keep items warm. Although, you may have equipment from your dinner catering you can utilize to keep items warm!

What are you serving for dinner?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say anything you could buy from M&M would be a great go-to! Bring on the spring rolls, quiche, wings, and mozzarella sticks!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just a bunch of apps will be great, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, taco dip or taco pinwheels. I don't know your setup but might be easier to stick cold things as keeping things warm requires more equipment.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having veggie trays, cheese and meat trays and fruit as our stationary trays. Passed plates are going to be mini pigs in a blanket, spinach puffs, stuffed mushroom caps and beef skewers so just like Casey said, all finger foods. You want things that are small and typically light on the stomach
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Basically anything you can eat with one hand is the best way to go. When I see finger foods that require 2 hands, I tend to turn them down majority of the time lol.
    Coconut shrimp, skewers, egg rolls, anything bacon wrapped. Or you can do some antipasto

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics