Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Newbie July 2023 Ontario

Food before the ceremony

Melanie, on May 28, 2023 at 18:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
This might be a weird question, but who usually pays for food before the ceremony for the bridal party? We plan on going there around 10am to decorate and start getting ready around noon. The ceremony is at 3h30 and dinner at 6h00. People are going to be hungry hahah

6 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 8, 2023 at 07:47
  • Matilda
    Frequent user June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a small brunch buffet at each of our parents which is where we are getting ready.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can order from Kettleman's bagel they do catering or from Panera breads who also does catering, and you can do a sandwich, cookies and chip, if you have one of those in your area.

Subway caters as well, or just grab stuff from the grocery store they have spreads.

Make it fun and do a potluck lunch where everyone brings something.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be a really nice touch to provide some fruit, pastries, juices/coffee/tea. If I was inviting the party to help decorate, I would definitely feel the need to provide something for them - it's a very nice gesture I think.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One friends wedding she had fruit and veggies trays available but we went to get lunch at a mall food court so we paid for ourselves. A different friend had the same as the other but also had sandwich and meat trays, everyone ate sandwiches. So it depends, these were two different types of people and weddings and neither had any expectation.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they are also decorating for you, then they are literally volunteering their time and labour for your day. In this case, I would absolutely cover their lunches.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it varies. My best friends wedding, we all chipped in a bit to cover lunch. At my wedding I had bagels, cinnamon buns, fruit, and charcuterie available for everyone while we were getting ready/before the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics