Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Beginner October 2023 Ontario

Flowers... Real vrs Faux?

Laura, on May 13, 2022 at 09:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Help! I am stuck between beautiful real and faux flowers.

How did you decide between the two?

I have fallen in love with Sola Flowers (faux flowers made out of wood, see link below) and love the idea of having a keepsake of my bridal bouquet as they will last a long time with proper care. Not having to worry about wilting or delivery times is also an added bonus (not a major concern as we are having an Oct. wedding). But I do also love the idea of having fresh flowers... the aromas they provide, and the delicate beauty of real flowers. I know you can get these preserved as well, but at an additional cost which does need to be considered. I have received a quote for both real and Sola Flowers and they are pretty well the same cost so that is also not aiding my decision.

Appreciate your insight Smiley heart Smiley flower

Sola Wood Flowers

11 Comments

Latest activity by Rachay, on May 25, 2022 at 16:47
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, it came down to cost. Depending on where you get your bouquets from you can be charged up to like $300 for a bouquet which to me did not make sense if the flowers were just going to die.

I went with faux flowers for a few reasons - 1) they were cheaper, 2) I love DIY so I created the bouquets myself and added unique touches, and 3) my bridesmaid can keep these forever

I think wood flowers would be very unique! Michaels also has some great floral options and also has some faux roses that feel real to touch.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The costly aspect as mentioned does make a difference between the faux and real with florists you get quotes. Costco has seems to have a great price for what you get and have to do it yourself as oppose to florist doing it for you at a higher cost. We did a simple white floral artificial ball on top of a square vase for each table. The cost itself came out to be $11 each for 9 tables vs. real flowers being 2 or 3 times the price.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My pleasure, I love the the idea of Sola flowers, never heard of them and googled them I can see why you would want them. You could always do a bit of real and the Sola flowers, get best of both worlds.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Rayanne for your input. Allergies are a valid reason to go with faux and something I didn't think of as I am not allergic to anything (that I am aware of lol)

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Carine,

I appreciate your input and understand your reasoning for going faux. I do love the idea of the Sola Flowers as I have never seen them at a wedding before and would be very different from the real flowers. Perhaps I could incorporate real with our large flower arrangements instead of using Sola Wood that way I get a little bit of both.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How I chose faux over real, I was wondering what to do with my bouquet, I find drying them out they don't look as nice, some people are doing resin with their bouquets but by the time I have that done they will be dead, then I was thinking faux, I can use them later on as a centerpiece, on a mantel, or get a memory box and place them in that with a few other wedding items, the options were pro with faux than with real.

My venue is offering real flowers so I am using that bouquet for the bouquet toss. All depends on your style and how long do you want them around. My bouquet is also unique that it's easier to find fake flowers than the real thing.

I like the wood flower idea, I love when brides are unique with their bouquets.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with the sola flowers due to allergies that most of our wedding party have ☺️ I love them. They are so nice. I can make everything before hand. Dyeing them different colours was fun and easy. I'm enjoying doing them myself.
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing fresh flowers for my boquet and my FH boutineer. All the floral decor is artifical along with the corsages!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've really been set on faux flowers since I started planning. I personally love the look of dried flowers and we are having a fall wedding, so I know dried flowers would really fit our theme.

I know we are going to have some real eucalyptus leaves for some decor and I MIGHT get some real flowers for my hair (as that is another style I have fallen in love with) but majority will defineitly be faux.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in the fall and will have real flowers except on our centre pieces just incase any guests have allergies. After the wedding the real flowers will be donated to a local seniors home

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I have gone with artificial flowers. That way they're not wilting in the 35 degree heat on the day of our wedding as well as being able to have whatever flower we want instead of only being able to choose from what's in season. Also our flowers would've cost 3 times more if we had gone with real flowers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics