Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Flowers

Amanda, on May 20, 2021 at 15:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hey Everyone! What are you all planning on doing for flowers?! Are you going artificial or real? What kind of flowers are you going with?! Lets show us what you got so everyone can get some ideas. It's always nice to see what combinations everyone has picked!

My fiance and I decided to go with artificial flowers for a few reasons. One, the price of artificial flowers is 3 times less then real flowers. Two, we're getting married in a different province then where we live, so it'll be easy to transport. Three, the flowers wont wilt the day of our wedding in 35 degree weather. And the fourth reason, we're able to choose the exact flowers we want instead of only having to choose from certain flowers that are in season with real flowers.

For our Bouquets we have decided on Cali Lilies, Anemone Flower, Berries and Leaves

For our Boutonnieres and Corsages we will have Cali Lilies, Berries and Leaves

And for our Centerpieces we have gone with Hydrangeas, Berries and Leaves

I don't have a picture of them made up yet since they're still at the flower shop but I'm excited to see the finished look when it's complete!!

Cali Lilies

Flowers 1

Anemone Flower

Flowers 2

Berries

Flowers 3

Hydrangeas

Flowers 4

Flowers 5

15 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 9, 2021 at 10:47
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'm super excited to see how she has arranged them. When we had purchased them she had kinda just put them together to show us what they would look like together and they were beautiful. I've heard Costco flowers are wonderful Smiley smile

• Taylyn
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a great idea and will look stunning!! we are going with Costco centre pieces and a florist for our bouquets/ bouts as we have so many to make or it would all be Costco lol

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally makes sense in your case!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds beautiful! If we were getting married in the city we live in, we'd probably go with real flowers as well but since we're getting married in a different province and taking them with us 2 weeks before the wedding it made sense to have artificial flowers

• Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll be doing real flowers. My fiances coworker and his wife own a flower farm and she does florals for weddings. So we'll be using her as our florist. I sort of picked our wedding date based loosely on the floral I knew I wanted. Blush peonies were my must have, and I am thinking of also putting in blue delphinium, white peonies, white stock flowers, maybe lilac depending ok whether they're still in season, and filler greenery
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the color you chose!!

• Kara
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going with real flowers. I love carnations- they’re my favourite, and also my grandmothers favourite- she has passed away, so I thought it would be a nice way to tie her into the wedding.
    I’ve opted for the bridesmaids and MOH to have cream coloured carnations only- along with the boutonnières for the men. Their dresses are long/sparkly gold. My bouquet will be a mixture of cream carnations and peonies with gold accents/bling. They will all be wrapped in black. Men are wearing black on black tuxes. My dress is light ivory.
    Moms are wearing rose corsages (my mom hates carnations). Centrepieces are hot pink carnations with greenery. I don’t have any pics of bouquet (as we locked down before one was ready) but these are my centrepieces (and my florist...lol)Flowers 6

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought mine at https://www.luvsolaflowers.com/ they had an 80% off case sale for black Friday. Though they have sales all the time. I also joined their Facebook group which is amazing for seeing what others have created with them. There are people with businesses and people like me who bought flowers just for their weddings. It was in US dollars and I did have to pay a little bit for duty (just something to remember if you order).
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh those are stunning! Where did you get the sola flowers from?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I want to do some very light purple still.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those look beautiful!!!! They turned out great

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are definitely going with artificial. Me and my MOH both suffer from terrible hay fever so real would never work. I bought the wood sola flowers. I love them because I can dye them any colour I want. Flowers 7

Flowers 8

Flowers 9

Flowers 10
    I ended up buying them on a case sale so I got 1000 random flowers since the kind of flowers at the wedding is really not important to either of us. I cant wait for stores to open again so I can get some more paint....
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They'll look beautiful with the shades of pink integrated

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our centerpieces and decor we are doing artifical flowers. I have no idea what kind of flowers and honestly I don't care too much! Our flowers will be white and various shades of pink.

For our bouquets I still haven't decided if I want artifical or real, I love the idea of having some real flowers. Im thinking something small and simple for the bridesmaids like this picture.Flowers 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics