Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie November 2022 Ontario

Flowers

Sarah, on January 5, 2021 at 23:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 13

What does everyone think about bouquets? I am thinking of not having any flowers for myself or my bridesmaids. I personally think for me, it is not worth spending the money for something that is just being held for a short time and then forgotten about.. curious if any others are not doing flowers, or have alternative..

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2021 at 19:21
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers are expensive and didn't bother with them as well. We had artificial lotus being an Indian inspiration sign of good luck and for the MOHs to carry something as they requested. Bouquets weren't part of our ceremony as well the culture wise.

Flowers 1

Flowers 2

• Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing! ☺️
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah for sure! The shop is called Vethereal and is based out of Toronto. She also offered to keep it safe for me because she knew I was postponing my wedding which I really appreciated, but I was too excited and had to see it as soon as I could lol. But again, it was really nice of her. Just all around great experience with herFlowers 3

• Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh do you have pics?! what an awesome idea! Can I ask who the Etsy seller was? Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you don't want flowers, then don't do it! It's your wedding do whatever you want! And don't listen to outside people just because everyone else has flowers at their wedding!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don’t want flowers, don’t do it! I personally loved my flowers but I can understand how they could be a hindrance if you’re not 100% into it to begin with. If you didn’t want to go empty handed, there’s some cool ideas that you could have instead.
    Flowers 4
    I really liked the idea of holding lanterns because they’re so unique and cute!
    Flowers 5
    The glitterball is also super unique and will survive long after your wedding!Flowers 6
    I’m a sucker for fans! I love fans and definitely would have used one all day if I had it! You’ve got so many options for all sorts of bouquet alternatives.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love them and having them but they may not necessarily be for everyone. You choose what is best for you. An alternative to not having real flowers, would be fake flowers. They are a bit more budget friendly. Again though... if you don't want them skip them Smiley smile it's your wedding so you should do what make you happy Smiley smile

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never been a flower loving girl so it wasn't something that I was willing to shell out tons of money for. So I was going to forgo them all together especially since I'll be having both my dad and grandpa walking me down the aisle so I wouldn't have a free hand anyway lol. But by complete chance I ended up finding this woman on Etsy that does bouquets out of book pages. I'm a huge book lover and asked her if she'd be willing to do one out of my favourite book, which she did, and she even added in some colourful touches that matches me wedding colours. I absolutely love it and it's something I can keep!
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They aren't needed in my opinion! I wanted to cut them from my wedding entirely but my fiance really wants me to have a bouquet, so I will. No one else will though. They seem like a waste of money if you don't care about flowers or just prefer living plants like I do.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don't want them skip them!

You might want to figure out what your bridesmaids will do their their hands while walking down the aisle. I've heard a few people say they like a bouquet only to have something to do with their hands in that moment. Having the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk together arm in arm would be an option.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely agree after getting quotes for fresh flowers I've decided not to go that route. I actually will be doing dried flowers, way easier to transport and within my budget . Check etsy they have so many options to choose from or you can make your own!! Flowers 7

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided against flowers. While I think they’re pretty, I didn't want to pay an exorbitant amount and just went with simple greenery. I also definitely didn’t want a bouquet because I didn’t want to look overly bridal. I was kind of surprised because of all the non-traditional aspects of our wedding, the lack of bouquet is what a couple of people had issues with. I had to fight them on it as they offered to pay for the bouquet themselves - I still don’t get what their issue was.
    I was a bit worried my photos would be missing something but I’m completely happy with how they turned out. I think if I had a bouquet it would have actually competed with our outfits and the scenery. I was even offered to borrow one for photos because there was a decor company at our ceremony site and I said no lol.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't think of any instance where my enjoyment of a wedding hinged on whether the bride is holding flowers or not. If it's not for you, then I say axe it and save the money or use it for something else. If you want something to add a pop of colour, there are plenty of non-floral options that can be re-used including bracelets, belts, pins instead of boutonnieres for the gents etc.

We're trying hard to reduce our flower usage as well. It'll be mainly the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages but our decor will have very little flowers. Even if there are some, it'll likely be silk.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics