Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Flower Girl Dresses!

Becky, on August 1, 2018 at 15:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

Where did you all get your flower girl dresses from. I found one from JJ's house and it was perfect for what I want but I was surprised it was $90.

What is the normal price for flower girl dresses and where did you get them from?

Flower GIrl Dress- Navy blue and laceFlower Girl Dresses! 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Тамара, on December 8, 2021 at 03:01
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was hoping to find it in a regular clothes store, but the only one we found that was the colour we wanted (royal blue) didn't fit my niece, so we had to visit a few stores specialized in formal clothes for kids until we found a dress. Most dresses were either too poofy or too 'sexy' (made for preteens and young teens) for a 9-year-old girl, so I had to pay quite a bit more than I intended ($115) when we finally found one.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a flower girl at our wedding but we did have ring bearers which were kids. I am always surprised by how much their clothes cost when they are so small.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I have been looking at diff types of dresses, even just the simple lace ones people use for Boho or rustic weddings. The girls I am having will be 6, 3, 1 3/4 years. so its going to be harder to find sizes in all. I don't want the typical white either

• J
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We placed our order this past Saturday and they said the dresses will be delivered by August 20th at the latest. If time is a concern, you could call and ask if expedited shipping is an option.
  • Crystal
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How long did shipping take? I’m in similar shoes but in Vancouver and afraid 1 month won’t be enough time...
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My 2 girls will be 12 and 9 at the time of the wedding so I want to stay away from standard flower girl dresses which I find are super poofy and look way too young imo. I will likely get a junior bridesmaid dress for then or go shopping at a mall closer to the date with both of them to pick something!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From what I've seen, unless you're buying off the rack at a regular kids store (which is a great option if your wedding is only a month or two after Christmas as there's so many pretty dresses then!), you're looking anywhere from 75$ and up!

I'm actually remaking my mom's old wedding dress into two dresses for my nieces (her grand daughters) as their flower girl dresses. It will probably cost me about 40$ in materials, plus my time, but will mean the world to my mom. I'll buy new white satin to make the dress, and then use my mom's dress to do a layer of sheer tulle and lace over top, and a caribbean blue sash to finish it off!

This is what the final result should look like, except I'm extending it to floor length. My nieces will be 5 and 2 at the time.

Flower Girl Dresses! 2

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jennifer, I'll give a look at that store!

• J
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Becky,
    Take a look at Adorable-Kids.com. I just got my girls dresses from here and was very pleased with the selection, quality, and price. They have an online store, as well as physical stores in Mississauga and Scarborough.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flower GIrl Dress- Navy blue and laceFlower Girl Dresses! 3

This is the dress I am in love with. I was going to buy them for the girls and resell after

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Breanne! good to know about the taxes, I belive that happened to me with Lulu's

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My flower girls got their dresses from the children’s place when there was a sale. Each dress cost around $40. I didn’t want them to buy an expensive dress that they would just grow out of again. Not sure on the average price but prob depends on if you want certain material or colors, I personally just wanted something the girls liked haha
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Becky,

Unfortunately I can't help with the Flower Girl dress suggestion but just wanted to give you a heads up if you go with jj's house there is duty on top of the shipping and taxes. Not sure how much it would be for a dress but I bought my shoes through there and it was an extra unexpected $15.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics