Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Flower décor or something else?

Carine, on October 4, 2022 at 10:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Did you choose the traditional flower or did you go the unique route?

Since our wedding is closer to Fall and October we decided to do pumpkins and lanterns, for my bouquet and the girls, more succulents and only a few flowers.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on November 15, 2022 at 14:59
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sometimes simple is more.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went the artificial floral ball with vase route for flower decor as simple as one per table with coloured water beads and LED lights. Simple and easy as the whole outlook didn't need much work of decor.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I wonder if she can provide the white ones? Thanks Kelly! adding that to my list,I feel like pumpkins are cheaper than flowers, so I don't see why not, I know they are an option.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing Carine! I can't wait to see them! we are sticking with traditional flowers- MFH didn't want pumpkins - not even white ones Smiley winking

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wanted a summer wedding because I am always cold, but the FH didn't want to sweat like a pig during our wedding and it tends to be cooler. I made sure the venue has heaters and my MIL bought me a white fluffy blanket shawl that I will bring as a back up.

I will for sure post pictures. I can't wait to see yours as well.

i-love-weddings-happy.gif

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't get me wrong, I also love a secret garden. My friend had gorgeous flowers at her wedding it was beautiful.

Yours sounds so beautiful with the mix of a natural background and the flowers. It will be perfect it all sounds so beautiful.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And I wish we could of done a fall wedding. It's the perfect weather and my fiancé and I love the look. But unfortunately with our work schedules it just does not work! He is in the military and is away the last two weeks of September and I can not really take time off the first two weeks of the month, every month (I am in accounting). So that already puts us at the last two weeks of October and by then it is just a bit too cool in Alberta with a high chance of snow.

But I can not wait to see your photos! I am sure they will be beautiful!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough. Mine is md August, the ceremony is outside with the mountains as the backdrop and a lot of greenery so I really wanted flowers to make it seem almost garden like? I was cutting things in our budget to make sure we got the flowers I wanted. We are having huge arrangements for our arch and the entire wedding party will have tons of flowers too. The reception is indoors and on top of two arrangements per table, I also bought glass vases to put some more flowers (just incase) lol.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful, I am not huge on flowers, I'm more of a plant kind of girl, our wedding is outside and at the end of September so by then I'm ready for Halloween, Bring on the pumpkins and outdoor plants.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ours is outdoor and very green, but with our early fall I am excited to have the fall colors pop in the photos.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a lot of flowers, ceremony arch, bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonniere's for all the guys in the wedding and I am also having two centerpieces at each table.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with minimal flowers. Our space was lit in a way that it didn't need flowers to add to the vibe and our ceremony being outdoors was surrounded by greenery and plants.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics