Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ariel
Newbie August 2019 British Columbia

Flower crowns - Yay or nay?

Ariel, on February 6, 2019 at 21:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Hey community!
Has anyone done flower crowns for their wedding? I think they look nice but I’m worried they will be uncomfortable/heavy, not stay in place and wilt fast as I have a hot august wedding date. Thoughts on wearing flower crowns? Or alternative suggestions for ways to wear flowers in the hair?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tiffany, on January 15, 2022 at 15:02
  • T
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am 100% doing a flower crown. This is what I have wanted from the moment we were engaged. I have hair on the shorter side so I’m keeping my hair down. I’m not a bling/ jewels type girl but I love colour and flowers are definitely me.

Where did or are you getting your crowns from?
  • H
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning to do a flower crown but pinning things to my head won’t work. To me the appeal was that it’s not something that would slip out of my hair (fine straight hair has no hold) and wouldn’t be heavy (migraines yay!) and would fit out outdoor summer backyard wedding and fit the goddesy look Im going for.

I was planning on going fake but my sister is swedish and wants to make it herself.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not a huge flower fan, and having extra stuff pinned in my hair probably would have driven me nuts... but if it's a look that you like, go for it!

Personally if you're worried about comfort and weather, I would think that getting a few faux flowers pinned into your hair style would be the most comfortable/longest lasting option.

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love flower crowns! If I wasn't doing such a big veil and my venue was a bit more whimsical I definitley would have considered one! My florist loves them and makes them all the time, so I did try one on and it was a lot lighter then i imagined!
    As for other ways to wear flowers, a friend of mine had springs of babys breath all pinned around the edge of her low bun and it looked great, I imagine most flowers would.
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're worried about a large crown, there are the hairpin options. They are much lighter, less bulky usually and you can control more your look by choosing how close/far to place them in your hair.
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yesss!!! I loove faux flower crowns. I am thinking of getting a small one (comb), however I am not sure if it will match my dress/veil, but I am determined to make it work. Just need to find the right one.
  • Charelline
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Charelline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im doing a sparkling blue tiara...flowers in my hair im not sure how that will play out after all the fun lol...
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love flower crowns - they're cultural for me (Ukrainian), but I didn't want to deal with having one made and keeping it fresh all day, so I went with a tiara that has floral elements.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm just here because I had to add that I LOVE flower crowns (faux floral crowns included) and strongly encourage them whenever possible!! hehe

There are other options like very delicate crowns or little half crowns that might make a good compromise between what you want and what you're worried about. I'm just going to throw some inspo at ya!

Greenery crown with small flowers in one spot

Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 1

Half crown Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 2

Spread of big flowers all pinned individually Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 3

Just a few flowers pinned in a half crown shape

Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 4

Crown of whispy baby's breath Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 5

More baby's breath ideas

Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 6

Floral and succulent crown/hat thing I am low key obsessed with Flower crowns - Yay or nay? 7

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like many said, it'd probably be your best bet to have a faux flower crown.

I'm not a big floral person and I'm only having bouquets/boutonnieres/corsages since my mom wants them and agreed to pay for them.

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a flower crown (I'm Ukrainian and it's a part of our culture) and the one I got is very comfortable. I got mine from Etsy. I think they look beautiful, especially for an outdoor or more rustic wedding. These ones are very light.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re not for me but I’m also not a “flower” person to begin with!

I agree with others though that have said perhaps faux flowers may be the way to go!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're not for me personally when it comes to Brides/Bridesmaids, but on Flower Girls for sure!

They just look really young for me... like they're meant to be on a younger person more than an adult. Just my opinion!

I'm sure there are tons that wouldn't weigh too much either I wouldn't be worried about that! And I would stick to fake flowers so them, you wouldn't want pollen or anything coming off the flowers and running down your face

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love flower crowns. I'd wear one except I don't think my FH would like it very much (too earthy for him), so alternatively I plan to have some flowers encorporated in my hairstyle.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love them but I have the same concerns, so it’s a nay for me.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, when done tastefully - flower crowns are gorgeous and I'm all about them!!

With that being said, I don't have much knowledge on them, but if you want to keep them from moving and wilting I would say your best bet is to use fake flowers. Just make sure you steam them the day or or night before and they will look almost real!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics