Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner September 2017 Ontario

Flower alternatives

Ashley, on March 21, 2017 at 23:05 Posted in DIY 0 6

Hello everyone!

I am getting married at my fiance's family cottage and going flower free!

(... I know....... but I have just never been one to stop and smell the roses). I have been all over pinterest looking for inspiration on what to replace traditional floral decor with and nothing is really getting my attention. I have seen some nice candle/lantern arrangements and books but that's about it.

What have you used in place of floral centre pieces? Bouquets? Boutonnieres etc?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

6 Comments

Latest activity by Lesley, on March 24, 2017 at 11:49
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds really beautiful!! i know you can preorder boxes of apples from grocery stores. I can't wait to see it. Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Beginner September 2017 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you!!

Great ideas. I would love to do different combinations of items. I have some docorative wooden boxes that I had no idea what to put in and I am really loving the apple idea! Our colours are navy, burgundy and blush but a nice deep red apple could go really nicely with that. We are using barn board tables and a lace runner instead of a full table cloth so we could mix in candles in various holders (mason jars, smaller wooden boxes and the vintage vases/painted wine bottles.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a stem as my centrepiece but the focus is a stack of books and hot wheels cars.
    What is something important to you and your FH? You could something edible like vases of apples. I also like what was mentioned about lanterns. I've also seen bird houses.
    For bouquets I've seen fans, parasols. You could also do a broach bouquet if you're into that. Let us know what you decide!
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Google these searches and have a look at all the ideas that are in the pictures:

non-floral bouquet

wedding no bouquet

flowerless wedding decor

I think my favorite is probably this one with pinwheels:

Pinwheels

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do different framed photos of the two of you together on every table, with the table number and some decorative or vintage glassware or vases. You could also just do simple greenery and vines. Or use something seasonal.

• Dannie & Brett
    Frequent user July 2017 Manitoba
    Dannie & Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For centre pieces, something like Mason jars with candle or lights inside! Or a wooden plank with your names engraved or a wooden heart with the names and dates! Or vases with sand in the colours you pick.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics