Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maya
Expert January 2019 Alberta

Flower advice

Maya, on March 20, 2018 at 08:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Good morning everyone,

My Fiancé is allergic to pollin. He can handle a small amount of flowers but not a lot. Is there any suggestion of what to do for flowers what is best to get? Or where to get it.

I am trying to incorporate both sides of my heritage and would like some tulips as I am part Dutch. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on March 21, 2018 at 20:32
  • Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get artificial flowers since your fiance is allergic.

• Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the suggestions Lynnie

we probably will go with pocket squars and possibly candles or the tea lights. I haven’t fully decided what I want for the centre pieces yet. I have some ideas in mind, but haven’t really started to look at what I would need to create them.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maya! There are a bunch of different ways you can work around this!

Like everyone has said - you can go with fake flowers, or you can go non-floral! I would go with non-floral boutonnieres or skip them and go with pocket squares instead. See how much ceremony decor you need depending on your venue, and instead go with candles and lanterns for decor. For reception centerpieces there are lots of alternatives you can go with including candles, lanterns, books, and other decorative items. You could do fake flowers for the bouquets, or ask a florist about flowers that are more "allergy friendly" - apparently tulips are supposed to be on the "less allergenic" end!

Flower advice 1:: PinterestFlower advice 2:: Pinterest
    Flower advice 3:: Pinterest
    Flower advice 4

:: Pinterest

• Maya
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Thank you Erin for that website I will take a look at it Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing silk flowers for my wedding for a number of reasons:

1. It's less expensive.

2. Everyone in the wedding party will get to keep their bouquets after the wedding as a nice keepsake.

3. We're going to put the bouquets together ourselves as a fun DIY project.

We're ordering from alibaba.com because you can literally get anything and it's so much less expensive than real flowers. They still look beautiful and now you don't have to worry about allergies!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I immediately thought of fake flowers.. you can do Silks which I find more and more people are doing cause you can resell them after!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with PP's suggestion to do fake floral arrangements. You could still incorporate your Dutch heritage without making your FH suffer from his allergies.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest either diy-ing fake flowers or as mentioned above make an order for fake floral arrangements through a company
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are places that do really nice fake flowers. I know it isn't ideal, you could do all boutonnieres fake for him and the guys so he doesn't smell anything. Then you could have real bouquets and you don't have them long. Then you have your fake bouquets to throw. For center pieces it might be ideal to do fake for sure. You could ask a florist what they think due to allergies

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics