Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Florist - closer to you or venue?

Sarah, on June 5, 2019 at 14:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
The venue is an hour away from us and I’m not sure if I should go with a florist closer to us and pay a bigger delivery or go with the florist closer to the venue and possibly have to make a few trips there during the planning stage?
Thoughts?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 10, 2019 at 19:34
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Hélène that their vision should be close to yours. I'm pretty sure I went with my florists just because I loved the vast majority of her work.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd be more inclined to go with the one closer to the venue, especially if you want delivery. You'll probably save on delivery fees that way. You can schedule visits when you are visiting the venue, so you get more out of your trip.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends if you will have someone to pick up the flowers or if you want them delivered. I got my florist closer to the venue so that she could delivery the flowers the day of and they would still be fresh. This also made it convenient afterwards for returning the vases and everything that they brought the flowers in.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just picked a florist that I liked and was cost effective.

My florist is in Toronto and my venue is in Kleinburg (30 minute drive) she waived delivery with the amount of florals I’m getting. Which to be honest - I was super happy with the price
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to go with the florist closest to the venue so that they can get easily picked up and avoid a delivery fee.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The closest florist to my venue is a 1hr15min drive lol! They have quite a large delivery fee, so I offered to just pick up the flowers and do set up myself. I didn't want to pay a $300 delivery fee when I only have one table runner and a bouquet. To me, that was just insane. I would go with whatever you think is the best choice. Are you going by price or the overall look you envision?

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd go with whichever florist truly 'gets' your vision.

Something to consider, most florists I've been to have had the option of video conferencing if need be. Otherwise we've sent pics and emails back and forth and talked on the phone a little.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics