Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Florist

Kelly, on November 21, 2018 at 10:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

My florist just announced her pregnancy. She's self employed, and its really great that she's actually able to take a bit of a maternity leave. She emailed all her 2019 couples to let them know that she'll be off work from December to February.

We've had a few updates to our wedding since we booked her. All minor (colour pallet, and we've rented some items that include some vases that we'd like to fill). I was going to wait until after her mat leave...but then I also don't want to be one of the many emails bombarding her when she returns to work. Should I run the changes by her now?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Robyn, on November 22, 2018 at 00:22
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely contact her now -I think she would appreciate the additional time as well.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would absolutely run the changes by her now since it's not December yet! It's better to have it out there than wait until March, right?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. Of course! She's not on mat leave now, so she is still working. And just like the other girls mentioned, it's more of a 'heads up' than, "hey this needs to be dealt with ASAP". I would definitely give her the chance to reply with any questions/comments before she goes into full pregnancy brain... Haha! Jk... sort of Smiley tongue

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like the others had said, I would send the email now. Include a brief comment explaining you don’t expect her to attend to this now but thought you would let her know while it’s on your mind or something to that affect.
    Best of luck!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed. No harm in sending the email now and just mentioning that you wanted to write it down before you forget.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I would just send off the email so I don't forget lol. Then it would be up to her if she can get to it, or at least she can make the changes or make a note for when she is done her mat leave.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics