Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Newbie March 2018 Manitoba

Floral alternatives

Iryna, on August 18, 2017 at 13:11 Posted in DIY 0 7

Hi, everyone!

I am having a wedding reception in March. I was thinking of table decorations and came up with the idea of having candles with candle rings on them. I don't want and don't have the funds for fancy floral arrangements. So, I was thinking of buying some kind of plant that is long-branched and flexible and could be easily wrapped around a candle and probably tied in one spot. I was trying to find what kind of plant it could be, and found that jasmine flower has long enough branches for that. Do you have any other ideas, and where in Winnipeg I could possible get the plants?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 15, 2018 at 23:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Michaels has long green vines that can be used around dollarama vases as a wreath. Color water and floating candle can bring your vision to life.
  • Michelle
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart I love this!

• Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also try rosemary for a rustic look, or sage. I have a penchant for silver dollar eucalyptus and really love this idea here!

Floral alternatives - 1
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ivy can be wrapped around a candle. I got most of my flowers from the dollar store or from value village. Cheap, and I have lots to make bouquets, centrepieces, and decorate my arch. I don't know if you have Freecycle in Manitoba, but I joined it and was able to get free stuff for my wedding. They do want to to offer free items before you start asking for things, which makes sense.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can go to a florist and have them ordered in, or call a wholesaler directly. The pic that I'm attaching is what we are doing for our March wedding.

Floral alternatives - 1
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think olive branches or eucalyptus are long and flexible enough that they could be wrapped around a candle

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds really nice! You could also just have some simple greenery in a vase as a "floral" display.

Here are a few sites for ideas

https://www.bridalguide.com/planning/the-details/decor-flowers/non-floral-centerpieces#154620

https://www.bridalguide.com/planning/wedding-reception/non-floral-centerpieces

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/231023/nonfloral-centerpieces#607370

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics