Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Someone wants to swap their plus one

Joey, on August 26, 2019 at 09:12 Posted in WeddingWire 0 23

You sent out your invitations and have gotten your RSVPs back. It's time to start working on your seating plan, when you get a call from a guest with a change. They want to bring a different person as their guest.

Flip Out! You are trying to finalize things, this is going to cause more work for you, and who even is this new person? Invitations are not transferrable.

Forget It! As long as your guest is happy and able to attend, who cares who they bring. You've paid for their food anyway, at least it will be used and enjoyed. Swap away!

Flip Out Or Forget It? - Someone wants to swap their plus one 1

Photo by PaperWenches in Richmond Hill

>>Click here to go to the next question, Last minute menu changes

>>Or start at the beginning here: Flip Out or Forget It? round 2

23 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 2, 2019 at 01:30
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This happened and I didn't really care lol. It was super easy to forget it.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it! This happened to us. This last-minute stuff is a little frustrating, but it is what it is. As long as the swapped in guest doesn't mind that their name won't be on the seating chart, I don't care!

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. As long as they let me know to change the name for the seating chart Smiley smile Or their guest doesn't mind that their name isn't on the seating chart...

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would forget it. I already know that a couple of my bridesmaids went through break ups and most likely will find new plus ones by then. So I am expecting at least a couple.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my case I'm not doing assigned seating so who gives a crap. As long as the numbers stay the same it's all good.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it.. this happened to me many times and last minute too after my chart was already printed. I just said I hope they don't mind going by your previous dates name because i'm not changing it. but it made no difference with the number of people so I didn't really care

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! As long as they’re still bringing someone, it doesn’t matter to me!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it!

There wasn't any plus 1 attended since the guests came alone. The guests were invited as per the names indicated on the invitations.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. I'd be more irritated if someone wanted to add a plus one when they didn't have one before than simply switching people. At least it wouldn't mess with the head count.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it. I rather they switch their plus one and have a good time then be someone wo doesn't have a plus one, think they can bring a plus one. If I already plan for them to bring a plus one anyway its just swapping the name and spots.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they did it without even a "hey, can I switch so-and-so for so-and-so?"...there would be mild flipping out and unhappy glares at them. We're not doing any unnamed "plus ones", so, first, it would be rude....second, there are a few friends of friends that are, well, for lack of a better term, EPIC drama llamas.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it, at least they are bringing a guest as was stated when they RSVP’d. I would be more upset if they didn’t and I would be out money on a plate.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't care who anyone brings as their plus one. So it would be a forget it
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This has already happened to me, I'd forget it, I have until a certain date to make changes, and one or 2 isn't a big issue. However, if someone changes something a day or two before the wedding - I'd let them know that I can't change the seating chart/place card so they can bring whoever, but the names won't match.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it, I mean I’m putting every guest’s name personally on the invitations so there are no “plus ones or and guests” but if someone’s SO can’t make it I won’t be mad if they want to sub out for a friend so they aren’t lonely. It doesn’t change numbers.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it, it's not hard to change a label.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - I mean, the way they ask could be grounds for flipping out (some people have NO self-awareness), but in the end..no biggie.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forget it! it would make basically no difference, so oh well
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This happened recently and I think I handled it well. I’m basically just like whatever. I don’t even care any more 😂
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would not flip out, I would forget it but they wouldn't be allowed to change their plus one? Nope nope nope.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now, I would forget it. If it was closer to the wedding and the seating chart has been done I would flip out. And their new date would have to deal with their name not being on the chart!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it- I would tell them no as seating chart is already completed.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forget it - in the sense that I tell them no and move on. I've had to do this 2 times already!! I am not worried at all, they just can't bring somebody else.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics