Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Flip Flop Baskets

Breanne, on February 13, 2018 at 10:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

Hey all,

What are your thoughts on the flip flop baskets for guests? Will you be having one or is it something you find frivolous?

Flip Flop Basket

Flip Flop Baskets 1

20 Comments

Latest activity by Kristi, on August 3, 2018 at 10:10
  • K
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m definitely going to do it for a beach wedding! All the small details are what makes it fun for me. I love the look and people can take them home after as an extra pair for the beach.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They’re definitely not for everyone! I think the guests wearing uncomfortable shoes will appreciate them though!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea to keep guests airy and light on their feet. It would work for a beach theme for sure.

I'm not a huge fan of flip flops personally and pass on them.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooooo I know where I’m going to be looking for flip flops!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m definitely going to do this ! I think it’s really cute, and a great way to keep people dancingSmiley smile
    i also plan on taking advantage of the old navy sale at the end of the summer !
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s a really cute idea but I to think that most people wouldn’t wear them. Maybe on a few of the women with really sore feet. For the car drive home. Lol
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did it. Everyone loved it. And super easy to sell and leftovers afterwards. Hit up old navy when their sandals are $1.
  • K
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a great idea we have already planned to do it for our wedding I have a friend that is going to personalize them.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a nice idea, but an added expense. I've seen people sell theirs on Facebook buy and sells because most were unworn. That would be a place to start to help save some of the costs.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's an extra expense, but I think it's really fun!!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to do this, but realized its just another "To Do" item and decided to cut it.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh such a great deal Jen! If I saw 50 cent flip flops I would likely consider it but the cheapest I've seen (nice ones anyways) are the $2-3 ones.

This is super cute and I'm sure you'll have lots of happy feet!

• A
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think its a great idea! Some people/guest who travel out of town might not think to bring an extra pair. You can buy from the Dollar store and make it cheap

• Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my best friends did this at her wedding - I don't think a single pair was worn!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think it is a needless expense. People will know that they are going to on their feet and/or dancing the majority of the night and if they don't wear the appropriate shoes then that was their choice. I have always just gone barefoot at the end of the evening if my feet hurt.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Look for deals! I got my flip flops at Micheals for 50 cents a pair. The box was $10 at homesense. I spent $3 on the ribbon at Micheals as well on liquidation. Heres a pic of our box Smiley smile

Flip Flop Baskets 2
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m probably going to do it. It also depends on the cost of it all if and when I decide to go ahead with it.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My suggestion if you're on a tight budget or trying to keep the budget as low as possible then forget it! It's an unnecessary cost that likely won't get used. 9/10 times the ladies will ditch the flip-flops or other provided shoes to go barefoot anyway. I was considering it but then I realized that it will probably be money poorly spent. Our dancefloor is no drinks allowed so no worries of spills or broken glass.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be cute for a beach wedding, but generally people wear the shoes that they are comfortable partying it. I would save the money!

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I'm leaning towards cutting it out - while I think they're cute, it's likely a spot I can save $50-60. Plus our venue has a nice slate tile floor and no bottles allowed so I can foresee a lot of barefoot dancing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics