Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

First Wedding Freak out

Courtney, on January 26, 2018 at 16:37 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7

Okay. So. My Fiance wears suits all the time... he has a tailor he met when he went to Thailand who makes gorgeous custom suits. For our wedding, he decided that he and the groomsmen would get custom suits.

Groomsmen Suits just arrived. They are beautifully made. However... they were supposed to be a dark grey (our colours are greys and whites and pale yellows).

They are dark grey I suppose, but with VERY brown undertones. And the ties he ordered, which were supposed to be a pail yellow are bronze.

I'm trying to stay calm but this is just not... what I pictured.

His suit is a light grey (which is perfect), our bridesmaids are in a pale silvery grey with pale yellow and white bouquets.. and now the groomsmen have grey/brown suits with bronze ties.

I don't know what happened in how he picked colours that even he admits don't seem right. F*ck

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 29, 2018 at 13:21
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sucks that this happened but I think it is going to be fine. Get the new ties and pocket squares and you should be good to go.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the dress but the suit isn't really noticeable so once you get the new ties and pocket squares im sure it will all come together
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can see the slight brown undertones in the parts where the sun is shining on them, but in the picture I think those suits are fine. I agree about finding different coloured ties to help complete the look you were hoping for in the first place. In the end, everyone will be looking at you and your fiance so I wouldn't worry too much!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I take a picture.. the suit looks grey. So I suppose it isn't as noticeable as I originally thought. I'm much calmer about the suits now. The tie is still hideous. We'll just have to go buy new ones. He admitted he didn't know what the heck he was thinking. Luckily the ties/pocket squares only came to $100..

Bridal PartyFirst Wedding Freak out 1Ugly TieFirst Wedding Freak out 2

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think this was more of a situation of that he didn't look super carefully at swatches of fabric he was picking. Men.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh! Can you provide a picture of the BM dress and one one the suits? Maybe we can chime in with idea's...
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is there any way he can talk to the tailor with a general "hey, this isn't what I was looking for, the colours were supposed to be different" ? I'm so sorry, it's so frustrating when things don't match your vision or plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics