Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

First Vendor Feels!

Kelsie, on July 29, 2020 at 13:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Hellllo everyone!

I'm trying to get more excited to "replan" my wedding from July 2020 to September 2021.

I have to say, our venue was fantastic the whole way with having us reschedule - they went above and beyond to try to get us a new date in the summer for next year.

Our venue was actually the first vendor we booked - so they are really special for us. We booked at Copper Creek Golf Club, a golf club north of Toronto. We fell in love with the view at the back of the room which overlooked the course. The food was an extra bonus which we discovered a year later!

Although some of our weddings are not happening as we planned, let's try to keep the excitement going! I'd love to hear which vendor you booked first. How did you hear about them? What made you choose them? How do they fit into your vision for your big day?

I can't wait to hear about your vendors!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Joanne, on August 11, 2020 at 17:23
  • Joanne
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This venue is beautiful!!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So beautiful! My bridal shower is going to be at the clubhouse!
  • Alexia
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Alexia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked The Vue and Clubhouse in Toronto. We fell in love immediately! The view is amazing! First Vendor Feels! 1

• M
    Newbie October 2021 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also booked our venue first ! We are planning a small immediate family only wedding at Tigh Na Mara Seaside Resort in Parksville, BC. We are having the ceremony in the gazebo overlooking the ocean then a reception in the covered patio area with a small fireside room as a backup . They offer package with all the food and bar service so it’s been very easy to plan so far! I also booked a photographer around the same time.
    I feel for everyone who had their special day planned this year ! Smiley sad I can only imagine the disappointment and stress . Best wishes to everyone with planning and replanning!
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were supposed to be there first this year, maybe we will still be the first next year who knows (kinda hoping we still are lol)
  • Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!!! I didn’t know they did wedding (we must live pretty close to each other as we are also 5 minutes away from here!)
  • Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer was our first vendor booked!! He had done a few other close family members weddings and we LOVE his style! Thankfully he has been able to accommodate all our changes and was available for our new date in October! First Vendor Feels! 2
    First Vendor Feels! 3

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Copper Creek is awesome! We booked our venue first, and they've been wonderful about moving it. We've heard Market Brewing Co had an awesome vibe in town, and while we went back and forth between them and a conservation centre, Market Brewing had the relaxed feel we were looking for (we have a lot of big drinkers). We also wanted something a bit different that we could make unique.

First Vendor Feels! 4

• First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not my first one, but my florist is the best ever. All my vendors have been great so far, but she really went above and beyond and was so genuine in all of our interactions. She really put in so much effort to work together to understand and and bring my vision to life. I can’t wait to see it all come together at our wedding 🥰
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first vendor was the venue being Kempenfelt Conference Center. It closed down 2 months after our wedding.

OIP.6iKOc-qfwgURP8Zct5dL_wHaE8?w=225&h=1mediaview.aspx?p=1129183

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer was our first! I love her style and she happened to be having a great promo sale.

She made us so comfortable during our engagement photos. My fiance is super shy and hates having photos taken but you can't tell in the pictures.
    First Vendor Feels! 5
    First Vendor Feels! 6

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Technically, our jeweler is the first vendor we booked since I bought the engagement ring there and based on that experience will be going back for our wedding bands. I looked at maybe 15 different ring places around the GTA, including the usual big chain jewelers like Peoples, Michael Hill, Spence, some boutique jewelers, a few small shops, some jewelry makers from our culture, and a few online vendors. The one I went with is a local family-owned business with a history that spans three generations within the family. I did a lot of research so I can sift through the sales pitch and marketing lingo to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. The guys at Edwards and Davies are not only incredibly well-informed but they weren't pushy in trying to make a sale and provided great advice whenever I called them up with questions. They managed to make my custom ring in two weeks and I proposed on our anniversary.

Here's the ring I proposed with.

First Vendor Feels! 7

• T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wasn't our first.. BUT - when we saw it.. we knew it was the right one!!

To be honest - I can't even remember how I found it as it doesn't come up on many listings. It may have been through searching for photographers. Either way - a beautiful, historic home on a golf course in Port Hope, Ontario.

Just being on the grounds puts a huge smile on my face and I cannot wait to get back there for planning! Original wedding date was July 18th, 2020; new wedding date is August 14th, 2021.

The actual ceremony will be outside under a beautiful European beech tree and reception will take place in a tent set up on the grounds.

First Vendor Feels! 8

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Venue was our first vendor booked as well! When we got engaged I searched garden weddings and this popped up and I fell in love. My cousin actually got married here about 6 years ago (But I didnt recognize it) I love that the ceremony space and the reception hall are all on site. Plus pictures in the gardens are what I wanted the Gardens of the HCP for in the initial research stage!

First Vendor Feels! 9

First Vendor Feels! 10

First Vendor Feels! 11

• Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue was our first one too!

It is actually a local (5 minutes from our house) brewery that we love I didn't no they did weddings but they just started advertising the week before we started planning. They have never had a wedding there but we are super excited to have ours there as we look the look of the place we can have our ceremony on the patio or in the basement infront of a large garage door (as to not look at the brewing equipment). The beer hall is going to be our reception location. I loved that it could all be in one place. First Vendor Feels! 12
    First Vendor Feels! 13
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has always been the one for us. We never looked at anything else. We're getting married at Summerill Pyramid Winery in Kelowna BC.

The venue has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl. Every year when I head back home, my family and I always go to this winery and when I told my fiance and showed him pictures he was totally down for our wedding to be there! Plus the views at the winery are amazing and we get a vacation out of it as well! Even though we have to wait another year to get married, we know next year will be the greatest day!

First Vendor Feels! 14

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics