Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krystal
Curious August 2018 British Columbia

First melt down

Krystal, on June 29, 2018 at 14:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Well I finally had my first melt down yesterday being 6 weeks out from the wedding. Everything feels like its piling up and not enough time. I know I'm way ahead of schedule but with my dad being in and out the hospital I had a little mental, emotional break down. I know everything will be ok and work out the way its suppose to. I think I was just long overdue for a little cry lol.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on July 5, 2018 at 14:03
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear about your dad! It is totally understandable to have a little melt-down! Just try remind yourself that this is supposed to be a positive experience and to not sweat the small stuff. At the end of the day you get to marry the person you love and celebrate it with the people closest to you!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in a mandatory mental health class I think in grade 9 (so long ago holy) and the lady that came to talk to us, said if you are feeling stressed, just cry, because when you cry, you are going to feel so much better after. So honestly, cry it all out, and if it feels like there is too much to do, make a chart of mandatory to less important details, and then put it into a calendar and work through it up till the day of the wedding! Good luck!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I completely understand! I’m 28 days away and I’ll probably have one in the next 2 weeks. I just need life to slow down 😫
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meltdowns are okay! It's just everything coming out. I honestly have one about once every 2 months (buildup of wedding, school, work, etc.) and I feel so good after. So melt down away!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're absolutely allowed to have a meltdown! We have so many reasons in our regular lives to have meltdowns, adding a wedding on top of it makes it almost inevitable! Spend a bit of time, wallow in it, then pick yourself up and get back to planning and enjoying the last of the time before your wedding!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly sometimes a good cry is really what we all need!

I've gotten it in the past and a meltdown followed by a nice hot shower and a good cup of tea has been my cure!

Everything will be fine! Like you said you're ahead of schedule but we all understand the stress we all feel!

Go get some love from your fiance! Treat yourself!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this happens to all of us at some point in the process. I know that I had a few "moments" leading up to my wedding. Holding it in is a bad idea so give yourself that opportunity to let it out. I hope your dad gets better!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics