Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

First date success or awkward first date?

Emilie, on January 30, 2017 at 06:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 66

Hey brides and grooms-to-be! Smiley heart

It might have gone smoothly or been... well not entirely what you expected Smiley xd

Was your first date a success or was it awkward?

Next question >> How was your first Valentine's day together?

Image: Giphy.com

66 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 5, 2021 at 13:19
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say our first date was a success! We went out for dinner at State and Main 🤤. Then after dinner, we went bowling 🎳. Ended the night off with cuddles and a movie! I wouldn't change a thing about our first date 💕

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we first met for a date, we both lived far apart and I was traveling to cuba the next day. I showed up wearing tights and a sweat shirt due to laundry situation and he came straight from his job in the city and showed up wearing his construction stuff. we didn't care and had coffee. went a lot better then expected. We stayed connected after that and were always talking on the phone!

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We talked on the phone every night for about a month until I convinced him to finally go out on a date. It was awkward and he was so nervous that he sweat the whole time. But he defiantly became a big teddy bear shortly after.

• H
    Beginner February 2018 Ontario
    Haley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was actually after we decided to start a relationship, so it was a success.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was awkward because we were only 14 so we didn't exactly know how to go on a date lol!

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were best friends for two years before we finally started dating, so it wasn't awkward at all!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Definitely a success! It may have been a tad awkward but I'm positive it was good.
  • Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Didn't know it was a date until pulled me in for a kiss.

Clueless

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was to the movies to watch the Conjuring. We quickly realized we both hate scary movies. He had asked me out over snapchat and didn't even have my number.... funny that we actually both showed up Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even realize our first date was a date until he grabbed my hand. Oops!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was a dance at our marina at the cottage, it was so fun but awkward as well since we knew EVERYONE there and everyone knew we were on our first date hahaa

• S
    Newbie September 2018 Manitoba
    Salma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg it was cute ge got me flowers
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had gotten to know each other for a few days before we went on an actual date. Since we were falling into a pattern of hanging out he assumed that we would just go out. I made him offically ask me on a date like a proper lady!! Smiley xd Smiley tongue

• Ines
    Curious January 2018 Saskatchewan
    Ines ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He came to visit me at work with a few of his friends. It was very awkward. The next time we saw each other we took my dog for a walk by the river and that went way better
  • Jessica
    Newbie April 2019 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Successful Smiley smile we went for Mexican! Tequila smoothed everything over... I talked for 3 hours straight. Ken just listened, he said he was so nervous.
  • Lana
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Lana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We "dated" as friends a long time ago and it was never awkward between us. Even after we met up again it was the most comfortable feeling ever. It was like no time had passed since we had seen each other. We knew within a couple hours that this is where we needed to be.

• Abby
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing. We went out for some good food and dancing
  • F
    Curious June 2017 British Columbia
    Falisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a success!
  • Caitlin
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Extremely amazing. He took me to see a movie, which was a bit awkward, but then we went driving and talked about everything under the sun for hours. It was so awesome to connect to someone on such a deep level.

• Maria
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was amazing!!!! Haha! We went to a nearby park and went hiking.. due to water onvtrail we got off trail for a few... my boot got stuck in a bog and he had to rescue me haha.. we also had to make shift a bridge at one point and then he had to carry me off this giant log... we got back on trial to find out that we were now trespassing by mistake and got yelled at by farmer in his forest.. and finally made our way back to correct trail and car. Was amazing!! So many laughs and fun! SUCCESS!!!
  • Vicky
    Frequent user June 2017 Alberta
    Vicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was a success we pulled an all nighter and played video games then the next day we started dating but days later we went to a light festival.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first official date as a couple was a perfect success! We had a few unofficial dates (when we were still figuring things out and I hadn't admitted to myself that we were meant to be... *Sigh* lol) where we had some awkward but hilarious moments!!
  • Rory
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both! we actually spent the entire weekend reconenncting but there were some awkward moments for sure .

• Danielle
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well all awkwardness was crushed by meeting at an all weekend concert, so our 'real' first date was a huge success.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it was a success! We had done a double date so there wasn't too much pressure
  • Mickaela
    Curious June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Mickaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kind of awkward. It was a coffee date. Both of us are shy people so we didn't talk most of the date.
  • N
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A little awkward being we had been friends for so long to be lovey Dovey in public was a new scene for both of us that we weren't used to. Smiley laugh
  • Micheala
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Micheala ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didnt really have a date. It was a one nignt stand turned relationship
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was both successful and the most awkward moment ever. Neither of us had ever dated anyone before (we were 18) and we were both seriously shy. We had been good friends for a while and had been hanging out for months, but neither of us was willing to admit we liked the other.

That night we had gone to the movies to see something we had both wanted to see and then had gone out to a cafe for hot chocolate afterwards. While sitting in the cafe, his phone rang. When he answered the phone (it was a mutual friend of ours calling) all I heard from across the table was "HAVE YOU ASKED HER OUT YET?!?" His face immidiately went bright red and he hung up on her. The following conversation went like this:

Him: *awkwardly* "you heard that didn't you?"

Me:*equally as awkwardly* "ya....."

Him: "Soooooooo........"

Me: "I guess we could call this our first date?"

We never spoke of that night again, but we have been together 6 happy years since Smiley smile

• Kate
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

June 24th 2007, we saw an awful movie and then walked back to his parents place - and I was wearing bad shoes and got blisters - I still remember so much of that day - it was the best lol.

• Vanessa
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Success we are really in love and we're getting married
  • Vanessa
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The official date was march 24 2015