Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

First Dance Songs

Amanda, on July 19, 2021 at 14:03

Posted in Wedding reception 36

Hey Everyone! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?! It's always nice to see what everyone has picked My fiance and I have gone with LONESTAR - AMAZED

Hey Everyone! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?!

It's always nice to see what everyone has picked Smiley heart

My fiance and I have gone with LONESTAR - AMAZED

36 Comments

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that song! From This Moment On was a definite contender at the very start for us since Shania is one of my favorites! Then I remembered Amazed and we both agreed that this was our song!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another big factor is, we want to include a Chinese song somewhere, whether it be during the ceremony, one of the entrance songs, or even the first dance so our short list includes a few Chinese ballads.

• Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are going with "from this moment on" by Shania Twain and Bryan White. But our wedding is in two years so it could change lol!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a short list of maybe ten potential songs that we need to narrow down.

One criteria we're using is if we're using a particular artist for other songs during the wedding, we won't use it for the first dance because we want to feature a wider variety of musicians. So if Elton John's Your Song (my fiancee's favourite song) is being used for the ceremony, we won't dance to Can You Feel the Love Tonight (one of my favourite Disney songs).

Originally we were considering songs that can facilitate a proper cut so we can keep the first dance shorter than a standard five minute song but with the pandemic, we're saying screw it and will be basking in the moment for the full song lol.

We did personally rule out any Ed Sheeran wedding song, John Legend's All of Me, or Christina Perri's A Thousand Years because they've been used at so many weddings (including those at our family and friends) and we want to have something different.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics