Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious July 2019 Alberta

First Dance Songs

Amanda, on August 28, 2018 at 11:31 Posted in Wedding reception 0 3

I really want Longer by Terri Clark for our first dance songs but the fiance says it is too fast. Thoughts?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on August 29, 2018 at 15:59
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also agree with Tori. My sister and BIL did Small town girl by Journey and it was amazing and different.

Finding different versions of the song that are more instrumental or slowed down would work too

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not familiar with the song, but I agree with Tori; first dance doesn't have to be a slow dance. You could choreograph your own moves to dance to. Check Youtube and see if another couple has done Longer as a dance.

If your fiance is set on having a slow song, you could maybe use Longer elsewhere--like during the signing of the register, the recessional, your entrance to the reception, or your exit song at the end of the night.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that the speed of the song is too fast for a slow dance but your first dance doesn't have to be a slow dance. If both you and your FH agree to not doing a slow dance then it would be a fine but if he is set on the slow sway back and forth then perhaps you could find find a slower version or get somebody to sing it at a slower tempo?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics