Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey
Frequent user October 2019 Ontario

First birthday game

Stacey, on April 15, 2018 at 00:58 Posted in WeddingWire 0 12

So a very dear friend of mine is celebrating her birthday, we both got engaged just months apart and I’m excited for her, but for her it is even more so exciting as it is her first birthday being engaged!

Ladies- what did you do on your first birthday after getting engaged or married?
First birthday game 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 17, 2018 at 12:56
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My birthday is on a long weekend this year! I plan on enjoying it in Montreal with my fiance!

My first and only birthday being engaged and I want to enjoy it with him more than anything! Bachelorette party I can go crazy with my girls haha!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend got engaged just days before my birthday! We had celebrated the week earlier though. My birthday is right before Christmas, so it's hard to get people together the day of! My fiance, though, hasn't had his birthday yet. And, he won't until a month and a half after we're married. It will be just another day, pretty much. I planned something big last year, so this year will be pretty quiet!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My first birthday engaged was exactly two weeks and one day after our engagement, we didn’t do much, as I lost my job two days earlier. It was my first time seeing my parents to show them the ring (It took two weeks to size it) so that was cool. It’s my fiancé’s first engaged birthday May 8th, and we aren’t really doing anything different. His family is gearing up for his brother’s wedding in June so that’s the focus for everyone right now!
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just looked at it as my birthday. But it was such a crappy day for me. My fiance was working nights at the time so I spent the night alone and our wedding photographer just happened to email me that night to let us know she just found out she was pregnant and her due date was the day before our wedding (yay for her and her hubby!!!) but we were sad because we love her so much and really clicked with her!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, it was like any other birthday. Spent the day with my husband, had lunch with my parents and my in-laws, and then we had some friends over in the evening for a charcuterie dinner and hang out.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My birthday was on Friday (the 13th!) but I didn't see it as my first birthday being engaged just a regular day lol we did go to Vancouver for the weekend for a little birthday getaway though so it was nice 😊
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley laugh Smiley heart

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your fabulous day!Smiley gift

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey (the engaged friend here!)!

Today on my birthday I'm currently busy working on homework, but as soon as that's over, we're going to have a quiet dinner together at home (since there's currently an ice storm here in Toronto). Also had a low-key celebration yesterday with my family because they really wanted to do something for my birthday.

30 here I come!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to pick out our wedding bands. Smiley smile We also had both our families over for supper. It was so nice to have both families together! The night before we went for supper and drinks with friends.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Went our for dinner with my FH and family
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The usual.: date night with my FH.