Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sake
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Finding a venue

Sake, on August 20, 2020 at 16:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Everything is exciting at first but now it's hard...how does everyone find the perfect venue you love and doesn't break the bank? Smiley sad

15 Comments

Latest activity by Sake, on August 25, 2020 at 11:01
  • Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, that's definitely an out of the box idea! I'll kind in mind to look outside of traditional venues too 😊
  • Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I will do that with my fiance!
  • A
    Beginner April 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married at a Recreational Centre/Hall. The place is decently nice looking for what it is. Perfect sized and has the option to have an indoor outdoor type set up. Out in the country with lots of open fields.
    We are paying $560 to rent the hall and kitchen for the night and we get to go in at 4pm the day before to set up. Comes with tables and chairs already too.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A budget is a start for how much your wanting to put towards a venue for food and bar. Then the search for type of wedding you two want in the area available. Considering accommodations for guests is also an idea to spend time.

Once you find 3 best locations, go over the pricing and see which of the venue offers the best deal given your budget to book.

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem! I hope they run some in your area this year!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made a list of my must haves and what I was willing to sacrifice to get them.Luckily our venue had most of what we wanted and fit within our budget.
  • Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow, that's really helpful! We do love the idea of nature, but not to be in a forest. We want elegant and something classic. We do know we want the same space for the the ceremony as the reception. I think what's making things the hardest is the cost of venues we've liked. So it's a bit frustrating. But I think I'll take your advice of doing a rundown of the event. That will help out a lot! Thank you so much!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Without some direction, that's going to take you a while. But then again, you have time since you're getting married in 2022.

The way we started was imagining the rundown of our event. We knew we wanted outdoor photos during winter so banquet halls without green space was out of the running. We also wanted to host the ceremony at our reception venue and prefer not to flip a space so that further narrowed it down. The final decision came down to how accommodating the venue was on external catering beyond the cake (we wanted to bring in some appetizer from our culture and a lot of venues don't allow any external catering) and exclusivity of space (we didn't want another party next door to us). We ended up picking a spot that had all of the above.
  • Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! That's really useful information. I am looking at places a bit outside of toronto. It's hard to find places we like but we are trying to go to different venue styles to see what we truly like in person
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're staying in Toronto, it'll be expensive especially in the downtown vicinity. You can find tons of equivalent venues for lower prices if you go out to the surrounding suburbs like Vaughan, Mississauga, Markham, and Brampton.

First thing you need to do is decide what type of setting you want. For example, a grand ballroom could be in a high end hotel, a mid-range hotel, a convention centre, or banquet hall, all of which can give you a similar vibe at very different price points.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I knew from the very beginning on where we wanted to get married. We didn't look anywhere else

• Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I didnt think of that before. We really love unique out of the box ideas but also want it to be elegant, which sometimes can be hard to find.
  • Sake
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Sake ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice! I love the idea of going to a wedding show!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We looked into a few spots that weren't traditional wedding venues, like a theatre rehearsal space, and some of the historical buildings in our area. We booked a local members club that was once a very exclusive gentlemen's club.
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We called and messaged a lot of places in town that hold weddings to get prices and find out what they provide (some places we would have to pay extra for tablecloths ect). We also went to a wedding show which had a few more options we hadn't thought of. It helped us figure out our budget and what kind of hall we wanted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics