Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Finding a Florist

Taylor, on October 5, 2019 at 09:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hello all!!
I'm still in the very beginning of the planning process but we have lucked out in finding a venue and a photographer already.

My FH is excited about find a florist next, but to be honest, I don't know the first thing about shopping around for florists. I don't know what kinds of questions I should be asking or where to start. I know the general idea of the bouquet I'm looking for but when I search around, they all kind of look the same to me - I don't have the eye to spot a great florist from an average one.

Any tips would be so appreciated.

I've attached a photo of the bouquet style that I'm looking for if anyone has had experience finding something similar, that didn't break the bank.

Finding a Florist 1

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 8, 2019 at 14:19
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Google some questions to ask them. you also need to decide how much flowering you want? do you want just bouqets? are the guys going to have flowered pins on their suits? are you doing corsages? do you want flower centerpeices etc? costco also sells bridal flowers and garlands and stuff and they are pretty cheap as well and my girls loved using them

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I was really happy with them, and I love that I get to keep them, since they aren't real.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow those are beautiful
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're inspiration picture actually looks like Sola flowers, which are what we went with. All of my flowers came to roughly half of what they would have been if they had been real. If you like the look of them, I'd highly recommend Sola flowers for people on a budget.

Finding a Florist 2
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love your bouquet!! So pretty!

i think the first thing to do is have a budget in mind. This for me was hard cause I know 0 about flowers. So I had a round about figure I wanted to spend. Make sure you tell any potential florists your budget so they work within.

Second, know what you need. For example, we got boutonnières, bouquets (bride and MOH), corsages for women (MOB, MOG, etc), table centrepieces and florals for the head table. Our church decorates for the ceremony so we didn’t need to factor any florals in there. Decide what you and your FH want.

As for questions, ask if the pricing includes delivery, if there’s an extra charge to drive to your destination. See if they provide spray bottles of water to keep your flowers looking fresh all night (most don’t but doesn’t hurt to ask).

Ask for pictures of their work as well so you can see actual things they’ve done for real weddings!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The picture of the bouquet colours is what your after? Taking a snapshot of it helps the florist giving a quote based on the size and in season or out season availability. They will also ask about your budget if you have set one.

The florist may suggest alternatives to your choices if you accept to the price range. Talk to them personally to find out more inquiring with your questions.

Seek florists nearby to get delivery within the price so you don't end up paying fuel charge on top of the cost given.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics