Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mila
Frequent user October 2023 Ontario

Finally found our officiant!

Mila, on March 31, 2023 at 06:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Still have a bit more than 6 months to go, but not finding a good and available officiant was stressful.
We have our officiant, music, flowers, photographer, videographer, rentals, and caterer. I now feel like all the big things are done and can relax.

I would love to hear from everyone else!How far are you from your special day?What do you have booked, and what else is on the list? Those already married, how far were you when you had everything booked and done?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Shari, on April 5, 2023 at 14:07
  • S
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Shari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's not kind of them- for sure!
  • S
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Shari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uve done great!
    We still have to get a photographer!!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah we had to push it two years not by choice. It was because of all of the restrictions with covid. I honestly feel like we really hit the jackpot with all of our vendors!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Mila. 🤞🏽 All good so far.
  • Mila
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!! That’s amazing!! When did you start planning?
  • Mila
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My gosh! Two year wait! You’re level of patience is inspiring.
    That is some incredible luck, you clearly chose your vendors well.
  • Mila
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    36!!! Exciting!!
    A last minute hiccup?! Oh no! I can’t imagine how overwhelming that must’ve been! Happy to hear a better opportunity showed itself. It sounds like everything under your control is fully done, congratulations!
    That rsvp response is exhausting, people’s lack of curtesy confuses me. Hopefully everyone sorts their ish out and allows you to have a smooth countdown going forward!
  • Mila
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I’m still deciding on whether to get my hair and makeup, but you’re absolutely right. I need to make a decision asap to make sure I can get someone if I do decide to.

That’s some efficient timing! We’re planning ours in about 9 months too. Hopefully I can do as well as you did with getting everything booked.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great news Mila!

We are 202 days out! Everything is booked, we need to finalize our menu, order the menswear and work on some decor.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mila! Congrats on finding your officiant!

My husband and I got married in August 2022 but were originally supposed to get married August 2020. We had everything booked and finalized in September 2019!

We were so lucky that every single one of our vendors that we had signed with were able to switch dates not once but twice with us to be able to have our magical day.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good stuff Mila! We are 36 days away Smiley surprise Everything is booked. We just had our meeting with the DJ, Florist and our Venue is on Tuesday - that's where we will go over the floor plan and other small items. Waiting on our Officiant to work on our ceremony Smiley smile Had a small hiccup with a MUA - but I believe everything happens for a reason and lucked out with this beauty of a person! Alterations for everyone are done! DIY - done! Booked my facial, massage, laser, hair appointments. I have to box up and label all my DIY stuff. Dealing with RSVP deadline. One guest had the audacity to say "Yes I am coming but waiting to see if my wife can take the day off, so we will let you know sometime next week" I lost my S&^%!!!! Seriously? 3 months notice with a deadline and a reminder a week ago, and you still ask that??? That is what I am dealing with LOL

Wow 36 days is gonna fly right by!!!!!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mila! Happy to hear you have checked another item off the list, feels good to secure vendors!

Are you getting your hair and make up done? If so I would suggest booking this in as soon as possible as I found that industry books up very quickly!

We were married in August 2022, I began planning in November 2021 and I'd say by March 2022 I had everything booked. Luckily it was a smaller party so everything I needed to order was on the smaller scale for quantity.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics