Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brianna
Newbie May 2023 Alberta

Final Warning for late Rsvp's

Brianna, on January 25, 2023 at 01:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
I need help!!! I still have a few people who I've tried reaching out to about the RSVP for our wedding but nothing! I'm unsure of what I could write to them politely saying that they've missed the RSVP date, I've reached out multiple times and that I'm assuming they aren't coming. Anyone know of a better way of saying something like that politely?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on January 29, 2023 at 11:26
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gotta agree with Hank on this one - you reached out multiple times already and still no answer? It’s a no, I would not be wasting any more energy this close leading up to the wedding.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The fact that you reached out multiple times and they didn't answer within your deadline would make me consider them a NO at this point. Some people like to feel extra special by pulling a stunt like this and personally, I have no need to spend energy on people who don't respect my time.

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send a group note/email to everyone, whether they RSVP'd or not:

Thank you to everyone who has RSVPd to our wedding, we are so excited to spend our special day with you! For those who are unable to attend or did not return an RSVP, we hope we can celebrate with you soon.

Or something like that.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's a great way of putting it! Unfortunately...most people need a deadline.

• Nicole
    Beginner March 2023 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a Facebook group put together with all of our wedding guests/group chat. Our RSVPs are due next week. I just put in the group that if we haven't heard from you by Feb 1, we will consider you not to be attending and know you will be there in spirit! Some still haven't responded, so it is what it is! Don't get too stressed out about it Smiley smile

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great reply Felicia! Keep that in mind when my time comes Smiley laugh

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Give them a call, or if you know someone who has direct contact with them you can ask them.

Don't be shy and don't worry about being pushy.

Just say as our RSVP deadline is up, we've noticed you haven't sent yours in, should we be expecting you or you have prior engagements, and you are unable to attend. Please let us know by 6pm today. Lookign forward to hearing from you. If they do not respond just mark them off.

• F
    Newbie April 2023 Ontario
    Felicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Calling is definitely more direct. You need answers and they may have forgotten or are dragging their heels in getting back to you. If you’re worried about being nice, you can say things more along the lines of “I didn’t want to exclude you even though our RSVP deadline is passed. We’re finalizing numbers that we have to give a just wanted to know if you plan on attending so we can have you accounted for in our plans”.
    Doesn’t have to be exactly that but something similar so they understand the urgency but feel like you’re being considerate of them vs coming off as pushy.

Hope that helps! Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would physically call them and talk to them
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're numbers deadline is due, maybe it's time to make a call?? if you haven't already done so.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics