Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday! Have you traveled abroad together?

Joey, on April 12, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 32

Are you two jet-setters, or homebodies? Do you love visiting new and far off places? Or is travel not your favorite pastime? Have you and your partner traveled abroad together before? Will you go abroad for your honeymoon?

Have you traveled abroad with your partner? Are you two travel compatible?

Fiancé(e) Friday! Have you traveled abroad together? 1

Photo by Lisa Mark Photography in Guelph

32 Comments

Latest activity by Eva, on July 19, 2022 at 15:51
  • E
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Eva ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We travelled together, but not abroad, only inside the country. I'm looking forward to our honeymoon.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've definitely done a lot of travelling together. When we first started dating, my bf at the time found out he got a job abroad so we were long-distance for a year before getting engaged. During that time we travelled to see each other and we went to several places together. We found we were very compatible and honestly, living with someone for an extended period of time will really show their habits and allow you to see if you can handle that in marriage.

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t done a lot of travel yet. We work crazy weird and conflicting hours and have limited chances to take time off together, so we do a lot of weekend trips to do fun things together and we did the west coast last summer! We have plans to travel in the future though! The Mediterranean for our honeymoon and then big summer trips in the works for the next few summers !
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've traveled around Canada together, but have not gone abroad yet! That's happening this fall! We have different ideas of what we both like, so our trips include a day where we each get to do what we want. We can usually agree on a few activities we both like, but then get to try to enjoy the other person's choices!

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We even moved abroad together Smiley tongue as we are from the Netherlands.
    We have travelled lots together too. When we were still best friends only we went to Germany but with our school. And we met up with each other while we did our internships (me in the south of France and him in Germany). When we moved to Canada we made a big trip through the US and last year we've been to Disney World and to Paris (Paris as a stop over when we went back home to visit our family)
    We both love travelling and are planning to see lots of the world.
    FH really wanted to go to Hawaii for the honeymoon so we're planning on going there in September Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We definitely love to travel together! We've been going on trips since almost the beginning of our relationship (so around 9 years or so), and we definitely know how each other is on a trip so we're well-equipped to deal with each other now lol.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We love travelling together, and even got engaged abroad! We both suffer from serious wanderlust and we both think almost identically, so travelling works well for us.

• Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I couldn't ask for better person to travel than my FH! We have been to Mexico, Florida, Las Vegas, Texas, North Carolina and Philippines twice just from last year and in a couple of weeks will be back to Mexico again! It's more fun to see the world especially if you are with someone you love.❤
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We definitely enjoy traveling. We're always thinking about our next trip(s). We've done an awesome road trip on the coast of California from LA to San Fransisco. We've spent two weeks in Nicaragua and Costa Rica with a bunch of friends. Also spent some family time in Hawaii and Tofino!

Our Summers are usually filled with camping trips in Alberta and BC too.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We love to travel! we’ve mostly just done the states, in particular California, but we can’t wait to expand our horizons !
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve been to a few places together. I hadn’t flown for the first time until I was 23 and she hadn’t flown for the first time until our trip to Dominican last May! We plan to travel more together in the future. Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have traveled a bit together but nothing outside of Canada/US. Our first flight trip together was to visit my dad in Kentucky. Then we've travelled through Ontario. Then when we moved to BC we drove across the country. Our next trip will be our honeymoon to Hawaii then probably to Kentucky again. Our first trip out of Canada/US will probably be to England, where I am from. We are also planning a Caribbean cruise in the next couple years.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The travelling has just begun. I have been all over the world (Australia, stopped in Dubai, Hong Kong, and many all inclusives and cruises) so I have a lot of experience travelling. FH was not a fan of flying ( hes only been to italy before meeting me). When we first went to Cuba he didn't enjoy the flight, but loved being there so much that we have gone on quite a few trips since then. (Cruise, Cuba twice and Jamaica) I feel like there will be plenty more trips in our future!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have gone to Calgary a few times to visit his family, and we went to Las Vegas for 3 days for my 30th birthday...we haven't left the continent together though- our honeymoon will be the first time.

We both love travelling- I have been to the UK a bunch of times, he has been to Holland to visit extended family

In the trips we have done it worked out well! We both like doing all of the things so we were quite busy

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, I don't enjoy traveling at all, so we haven't been anywhere.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We live in Saskatoon, but we often travel to Calgary, or Edmonton and we have been back to his home in Montreal together! we plan to do a lot more travelling over the years

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have! We’ve travelled within Canada (Ontario, Alberta, & BC) as well as a few places in the States. We’ve also been to the Bahamas together, France, Spain, & Italy as well! In a couple of months, we’re going to the Dominican Republic for summer vacation! ☺️
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been to a few places in the Caribbean together but we both want to travel more once we have funds for it lol

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've so far just gone to Florida twice, one of those times was just staying at Disney World, and we've been to San Antonio. I really hope that we can venture a little further together and explore outside north America. I really want to go to Italy.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes we have, a few all inclusive trips, a few music festivals -(Bonnaroo, All Good) those really help you get to know your partner!!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hadn't had the chance to travel much - prior to the honeymoon, the furthest we went was on an Alaskan cruise sailing out of our home city of Vancouver.

We finally got to go on a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon at the end of January Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats on the house!!!! We get the keys to our new home tonight!

So exciting!!!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have! In fact, we officially started dating when my friend bailed last minute on a trip I'd already paid for, so I invited him along with me (we were just friends at that point). On the trip. we settled into a relationship. He'd never been out of the country before, so it was extra special!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both have an absolute passion for travel and have gone to many, many places together! Travelling with your partner is a great way to see how compatible you are, especially in places that are a little outside what we are used to. We've been to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, France, Czech Republic, Ireland, England, Scotland, Poland, Turkey, Hawaii, Mexico, Panama, Jamaica, St. Lucia...I'm sure I've forgotten a few places, too. Keep in mind, we've been together for almost 11 years now, too! Can't wait for the manay more places we'll explore together!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! FH and I were both avid travelers before meeting and that was one of the big items that drew us to each other. We spent our first date mostly discussing our travels. Our first trip together was a weekend in Vegas which was great then we stepped it up and spent two weeks in Thailand after a year and a bit. Which was great! It really pushed us out of our comfort zone, and got us to work together and problem solve. Such a great adventure. We have travels planned for every year for the next xxxxx amount of years so lots of travels in our future!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Indeed we have!

Last year we went to mainly Prague, Czech Republic but we made sure to take the flights with the longest layovers so that we could explore wherever they were. With that being said, we also went to Paris, France and Amsterdam, Netherlands.

I 10/10 would do again!! At the same time, he is the traveller and I would much prefer to camp Smiley tongue

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a homebody but he is opposite. When we had been together for 5 months we went to Mexico, and looking back it was such a smart thing to do. We got to know each other really well. Since then we've been to a few more all-inclusives and to different places in the US. I was looking forward to our first European trip together for our honeymoon, 3 weeks in April, but we just bought a house last night! So we're postponing that trip for a while Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our first trip after 5 months being together to Punta Cana! Our second trip came 7 months later and we traveled through Europe which was the best experience ever.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have taken a few 3-5 trips together but we have always wanted to save money for a house instead of splurging on trips. But now he wants to do 3 big trips within the year after our wedding lol!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep!! We have been to a few places!

2 all inclusive trips - Jamaica and Punta Cana

We have traveled to eastern Canada together for a week

And several trips to the US together!! Cannot wait to travel even more!!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both would love to travel more but haven't really had the opportunity yet. We've been on a few trips but it's mostly been with our families - Banff is the only place we've been by ourselves and it was only for a couple days. We're hoping to go abroad for at least 2 weeks for our honeymoon so it'll it be interesting to see how it goes.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We honestly haven't traveled together before. We have done day trips and such but thats about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics