Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Newbie December 2023 Ontario

Fiance

Courtney, on January 1, 2022 at 09:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Hi everyone I'm going through alot my wedding is in a year and 5 months. My fiance and I have put the deposits down for the venue and catering and signed contracts. We're both worried about covid ruining our wedding. Both of us had discussed that were thinking of just doing another place and minimizing it. Although I'm already planning things so that were ready incase. He got a little frustrated when I've been showing him ideas and the invite templates etc... I've also been wanting to go to dress veiwings soon too. It's so stressful and it's taking a toll. What do I do ?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Maggnard-Smanta, on January 4, 2022 at 08:34
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey girl! Wedding planning can be overwhelming, but try to see what is really bothering him. I'm sure he will understand. Tell him how you feel!

Also for the vendors or venues, if you haven't asked yet, go around their COVID-19 clauses. Some are understanding and will give your money back if something happens. Don't pay certain vendors in full, they often asks to only give deposits and you can pay 1 week or a day before the wedding.
    You both are in this together! Even if he doesn't seem as exciting as you in planning, both of you are going to enjoy your wedding day.
    And yes you should go dress shopping! Go with family and close friends.
    Good luck!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I quickly realized that my fiancé did not want a big detailed wedding like I did. He still wants to get married to me but if it were up to him he would just sign the papers with no wedding. He wants me to have the wedding of the dreams but is not interested in any of the details like I thought he would be! So I had to accept that he’s not interested in that stuff. Before I go off on wedding details I ask him if it’s a good time to talk about it and if not we set a time because I don’t want to bombard him if he’s not in a good headspace.
    So maybe have a talk with him when it’s a good time and ask what does he want in a wedding , big small , what details are important to him?
    If that stuff isn’t important to him just talk to him about the big major things. Some men want to be right in there planning it all and some don't, and that’s okay! I personally like doing all the planning myself and I go to a family member or bridesmaid to talk about all the girly details haha!
  • G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Courtney,

Try not to let the stress of wedding planning get to you. I am currently planning my wedding as well, and I definitely felt the stress at some points. Key thing to me that really helped alleviate a lot of my stress was that I planned REALLY early. We are having a two year engagement so basically all my major things are already planned. Maybe give your Fiancé a little time and then approach the wedding planning again with him smoothly. Don't let it get you and keep your heard up, this is such a wonderful and beautiful time.

All the best!
    G

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé also got frustrated with me when we started planning our wedding. He is a procrastinator and I like to plan every detail ASAP. If it was up to him we wouldn’t start planning our wedding until 2 month before it. I had to very kindly explain to him that booking vendors and making big decisions has to be done at least a year out. I also stopped bringing up multiple wedding things at once. We’ve tried to focus on just one thing at a time. I think this makes it less overwhelming for him.
    I’d say get you need to decide the basics together before you continue planning. How many people and where is it going to be.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What is frustrating him? Your ideas for the wedding or just the idea of planning a wedding with so many unknowns? Those are two different problems with different approaches to resolve the issue.

Maybe he just needs a break over the holidays and not think anything wedding related.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For a bride that has had to postpone twice because of covid, my best advice it don't let it get you down! Just go with the flow of things! Most vendors are very accommodating towards covid and changing restrictions constantly. Just plan normally and always have a backup plan if things change in regards to restrictions. You have tones of time before December 2023, things can change Smiley heart

• Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Courtney! Our wedding is in a year and six months and we are planning as normal. Obviously we hope Covid won’t ruin our plans then, but just trying to carry on and be positive and enjoy the planning process. Try not to let Covid get you down and the uncertainty. Most, if not all, vendors will have something relating to Covid on their contracts as well. We have our venue, photographer, ceremony and reception music and our officiant booked so far.
    Try and enjoy planning and hope that 2023 will have no issues Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics