Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie August 2024 Alberta

Few Questions regarding wedding in 2 years

Samantha, on September 28, 2022 at 14:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hey There,
Just recently engaged September 3rd and wedding is planned for August 2024 and I have a few questions
1) when do you start bridesmaid proposal (asking your friends to be in the wedding party)?2) when do you send save the date/ invitations?
Any other suggestions on where to start would be great!Few Questions regarding wedding in 2 years 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on October 4, 2022 at 11:38
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!!!

As soon as I got engaged I thought of the people I wanted and started making their bags. One of them I was waiting for my trip to see her, but couldn't hold off any longer because she needed to be a part of my planning and decision making. Save the dates, I sent them out 14 months before the date because most people were out of town and I wanted them to be prepared, plus the back log in weddings I wanted to be the first. They say 6-8 months for save the dates and the actual invitation 2-4 months before the actual date. my wedding is in September so I want to give them out May- June since again I want people to have time to book hotel rooms and plan their trip.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't even worry about the bridal party and invites. That is so far down the line in your timeline. The main thing, as Kelly says, is to figure out your budget and do a preliminary plan of what you want that can fit said budget. Can you pay for it now or is it something you'll need to save towards?

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations to you both!
    My suggestion is enjoy being engaged! Have the hard conversations with your FH - budget, size of wedding, and # of guests you are thinking of having are most important . Once you decide those things the most important vendor to book is your venue! Every other vendor will want those details.

Congratulations again!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would honestly wait until about a year out from the wedding to do bridal party proposals. I know it can be hard to wait but a lot can happen in a year and if something changes between now and then it can be really difficult to navigate a conversation/relationship if you change your mind in regards to who you want up there with you. I know you probably don't expect anything to happen but it definitely can happen. I had a falling out with my MOH (we had been friends for 10-11 years) and it was very difficult navigating removing her from the bridal party.
    Save the dates I reccomend doing about a year in advance. I think we sent ours around 14 months before the wedding.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

BIGGEST CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!

For me, alot of mine was "rushed" as I planned a wedding in 11 months. Engaged in mid October 2021 for an early October 2022 wedding.

I gave my proposal gift to my MOH in November and we send save the dates in January with digital invites going out in July.

Proposal gift can honestly go whenever! There are plenty of other things your party will get to celebrate and participate in that if you gave it to them early I dont think it would be a big deal.

Save the dates would have a few things to consider when sending: is your wedding not local or will people need to commute to get to your wedding, or do you have alot of out of town folks? If so, you could look into sending early next year. If its pretty local, not alot of commuting, or not alot of out of town guests, I'd wait until next August to send save the dates.

But ultimately, if you want to start telling people now if your date is confirmed with the venue, by all means! Big thing you'll learn with planning a wedding is there really is no right or wrong way of doing things!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to Wedding Wire!

I got engaged March 2021 and I did my proposal boxes for my bridal party in May 2021. My wedding is not till August 2023, so I did mine 27 months in advance! I also knew for awhile who I wanted in my party and it has not changed at all. So if you are really sure about who you want in your party, I would say do it whenever you please! Personally, I think it would be so cute as a Christmas gift.

I sent save the dates a year out, so just this past August. But - we are getting married in Banff and we let others know the moment we booked it that we are doing it there so be prepared to book accommodations as soon as you can!

Hopefully this helps!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely ask people to be apart of your wedding at any time! I asked my maid of honor 2 years before my original wedding date.
    We sent our save the dates out a year out so people could start getting accommodations flights ect and figuring out vacation time as well since we did a destination wedding. Invites were sent out 4 months out with a rsvp a month before the wedding.

• Brittney
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! First off, congratulations!!
    Proposal boxes I did just over 1 year, maybe 13-14 before my wedding date. Not last minute but definitely not so far out the excitement diminishes over time.

Save the dates I sent ours out 8 months before the wedding.
    I plan on sending our invitations out after January 1st since our wedding is May 5th.
    Gives people more than enough time to respond and book accommodations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics