Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanne
Expert September 2018 Ontario

Fell In Love with Wedding Planning

Leanne, on December 28, 2018 at 09:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Is this just me, or has anyone else considered changing careers because they loved planning their wedding so much?

It wasn't even just planning my wedding, it was learning everything about the industry and dealing with all the different vendors and organizing it all together. Then being able to see the final result come together and it being everything you hoped it would be. I know I don't get the same satisfaction out of my 9-5.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on December 31, 2018 at 16:30
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YAAHHH! that's so exciting for you!!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I literally feel the same way about wedding planning! It’s so interesting and exciting! I feel like not everyone gets as excited about this tho. I have a friend who is also planning her own wedding and she doesn’t seem half as excited about it tbh.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to school for event planning, and took a wedding planning course, a couple years before I got engaged. There was a girl in my class who was just taking that ONE course to see, because she loved planning her wedding 'so much' she wanted to see if she'd do it for a living. It was a concentrated 5 day course, by the last day, she had decided there's no way she'd plan other people's weddings.

Planning other people's weddings can be SUPER hard, because people don't follow your budget, deadlines, etc, and they have their own visions/dreams that you have to adapt to, whether you think it's hideous or not...

It can definitely be fun, but it's nothing like planning your own wedding. You have to really, really love the planning and organization side of it to continue to love it.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love wedding planning!! I have definitely considered doing it full time but not seriously. I have a friend who is recently engaged though so I love when she asks for my help or opinions.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t like planning...I find it overwhelming with options and I don’t have the patience to look at a bunch of vendors. lol can’t wait til the day finally comes!!
  • S
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Sherlina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No i have a headache...dont know how to start and feeling overwhelmed. Finding a venue is hard!
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am into it right now. Since I started planning my wedding a year ago, I joined local FB Wedding Sites for ideas. I learned there are so many things I could do. I have been selling many things but I haven't nailed down which one I would concentrate on in the future or if I will continue to do them all. I love my 9-5 job but I prefer the independence of doing my own stuff at home and managing my own time.

These are what I have been doing.

Organic and Vegan Soaps as Wedding FavoursFell In Love with Wedding Planning 1

Custom made veils with options of raw edge, lace, or double sided Swarovski crystalsFell In Love with Wedding Planning 2

GartersFell In Love with Wedding Planning 3

Booty VeilsFell In Love with Wedding Planning 4

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Heck yes! I'd love to do something on the side as I wouldn't give up my 9-5 for it; however, I could look for jobs in my field in the industry instead. It would be cool!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to school for events, THEN I got engaged! I LOVE what I do and I'm having so much fun planning my wedding!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thought about it! But not as a full time job more of a side/hobby!! I just cant wait for my friends to start getting married and maybe I can offer some of my help and tricks hahah!!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m seriously considering a career shift as a wedding officiant/celebrant...but it’s a bit tough seeing as I’m not a religious minister, priest, etc.

But I love the idea of it and can’t wait to somehow someway get going with it.

As for becoming a planner - I love the idea of it but I have a wedding coordinator bc I don’t want to have to deal with the little details, so a career in planning is unfortunately not in the cards for me.🤷🏾‍♀️
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have made a contact with someone who owns a party/wedding planning and decorating company and she said she is always looking for extra help and has offered me the opportunity to try it out part-time, which I am very excited and grateful for!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll let you know after all is said and done Smiley tongue I feel like if it was something that was my job rather than my side job then I would love it more. As of right now it's just a bit stressful not having time to do it.

Have you looked into maybe doing it part time? Perhaps you could look into being a wedding planner's assistant?

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have totally considered it! I even said to FH that I would love to work at a bridal salon because I loved that experience so much!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics