Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Devoted August 2018 Alberta

Feeling...less important?

Rosalyn, on July 9, 2018 at 01:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25
Our venue, has been very frustrating to deal with. I feel like because we are having a small wedding and only renting out the private room, that we aren’t as important. I know they are a business and busy, but it shouldn’t take 3+ weeks to hear back from them about a question. Not to mention this is the second (technically third- but one was promoted) change over of staff (assistant manager/event coordinator) they have had since we signed our contract.

we received an email 3 weeks ago saying that we would need to choose our menu off the 2018 package, when a month prior to this email we were told we would be choosing off the 2017 package. It’s 40 days until the wedding. I’ve already had most of the guests choose their food based off the original menu. Ugh hopefully I can get a hold of someone tomorrow to sort this all out

Thanks for letting me rant 😔😩

25 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on July 11, 2018 at 12:32
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry you're going through these frustrations.

Do you typically email them, or call?
    I found emails are easier to ignore than a phone call. I don't know if it would hurt either just to mention to them that as you're about a month out, this is causing extra stress and you would love if you could find a better way to communicate. Sometimes they don't realize that you are unhappy (though they should!)

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Finally heard back. Looks like we need to use the 2018 menu. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to send everyone the choices...again...
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't disagree. I would try calling to speak to her directly.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree - they should at least be able to let you know that they received the message and that they will get to it when they have time or something. I am getting very excited, only 80 days out now!

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will for sure, keep us posted on how everything goes with yours too. Fingers are crossed 🤞
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thankfully am not in the same situation but I feel like anything more then 3 days is too long for a reply especially with such a short time line. I would not be impressed
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are getting married in Kananaskis at the mountain lodge. We will stay for 5 days and have our ceremony and reception there. What about you? Maybe it’s because it’s a hotel that they reply so fast, but we have stayed there every year for a long time, and they always have had top notch customer service! Even when now that it’s different owners.
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ours is in the mountains too! Whereabouts are you getting married?
    I definitely will mention something to them! My day of coordinator has offered to help a bit closer to the wedding. I’m hoping she can sort it out!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, Tori!

The venue is out out of town, but I’m definitely going to see when I can make it out there. Your right, in person may be best.
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true. They are one of the busiest restaurants in Canmore! And I guess the coordinator is new there...she must be playing a lot of catchup. But just a little email saying “I’ll get back to you shortly” would be nice!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!

Thank you for the reply! I called her today, no answer but I left a message asking for a call back ASAP. I guess I’m used to replying ASAP in my line of work, and I was expecting the same!
    I’m sure it will get sorted. Just the emotions are running high getting closer to the wedding! 😊
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I still feel like a simply reply with “I’ll get back to you shortly” or something along those lines would be best!! Are you getting excited for your wedding! The last few months just fly by!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are out of town, so it’s hard for me to go out and see them in person. But I’m definitely going to make a plan to do this. It’s too close to the wedding to have the uncertainty! ❤️
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Marleau!
    It is peak season, but they don’t rent out to many weddings as it is a restaurant and they like to keep the people of the town happy! Let me know how it goes with yours!!!
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree! I will take your advice and bring this up. I’m sure it’s not intentional - just the stressed bride in me feeling alllll the feels! ❤️
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Tyanna!

I’m getting married in Canmore, at Murrietas. It’s a restaurant that doesn’t do a ton of weddings so I’m not sure what the hold up is! I called and left a message. I hope I hear back soon 😊 thanks for the support!!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would be so annoyed! My wedding is next April, and the coordinator gets back to me usually the same day. I ask anything and she kindly answers, gives me suggestions etc. Our wedding won’t be more then 50 people (destination in the mountains) and she is on top of everything and so patent. Im sorry you’re going through this and so close to your wedding! I would “kindly” say something to them about the lack of communication. As for the dinner situation, you shouldn’t have to change anything! Not if people have already given their choices.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go to the venue. Lol that's what I would do. I would call first to see when this manager or coordinator will be in/ what their hours are and then I would go in. It's much harder to turn somebody away in person than it is to ignore their emails/calls. Also when you do go in prepare as if it was court. Print out any emails that were exchanged regarding the meals or if that was never written down the print out what the food choices were to see if they can at very least make something similar to what your guests have already confirmed they would like. Good luck!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would contact them again and say it is urgent. I would also give them a bit of leeway since this is their high busy season for weddings.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should contact them and say its urgent. Maybe them they will get your attention. The venue doesn't seem to have good business prospects keeping you waiting for a response.

Reconsider what options you may want to give them or how to get the attention needed right away.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It shouldn't matter if you are having a 300 person wedding or a 10 person wedding, you are still a paying client and should be treated like one! Definitely sounds like your venue is having an issue retaining their staff!! And if your wedding is only 40 days out, then yours should be a priority for them at this point. I had sent my venue an email a while back and had to send a follow-up email 2 weeks later because I hadn't heard anything. Our coordinator told me that my questions could wait until closer to our wedding and that other weddings are currently her priority, in my case that is reasonable because I was still 3.5 months away at that point. Hopefully you are able to get everything sorted soon!

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry to hear your having issues with your venue. I agree with Brittany it seems like they are disorganized by how many times they have switched the coordinator. I hope they can get it sorted out and they shouldn’t have changed the menu like that especially without responding to you for 3 weeks. Your wedding is important no matter the size. Maybe is there a possibility to go talk to them in person?

I hope things get better with your venue.
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh girl how I understand. Our venue for almost 8 months was nothing but a pain. It wasn’t until I hired a wedding planner that things started to get resolved. I still don’t have a signed contract with my venue 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve been waiting sense May long for my revised contract to sign, please keep in mind though that this is the height of wedding season so response times may be delayed... 3+ weeks though is a little much, if you have the emails saying you were to pick off the 2017 menu then the venue is going to have to honour that.
    Im sorry your going through this so close to your wedding, I hope your able to get it all resolved tomorrow.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With 3 different event coordinators, I would think it is disorganization in general, not that your smaller event is less important.
    I would address the current coordinator about this. The squeaky wheel gets the grease... my venue answers within 2 days tops... so... much longer than a week to answer, not acceptable. Especially within a month of the wedding, you should have answers within 24-48 hours...
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow its sounding like they're having a rough go! Where are you getting married? They shouldnt be treating you any differently, no matter the size of the guest list or budget!

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, and I hope it all gets figured out soon Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics