Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Feeling deflated

Amanda, on May 26, 2021 at 06:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Is anyone else feeling completely deflated. My wedding is booked for October 31 2021 and I was feeling optimistic more in the way of having my total guest list of 42 people. I don't care about masks and the other protocols involved I'm ok with that. I got a email from venue about tables and I wanted a u shaped or 1 long table I really wanted the feel of a family dinner. They said I'll have to have tables of 4 only from the same family . How does this work can nobody socialize outside of one's home and what about the couple's how do you place them at a table alone. I'm feeling it's not even worth it at this point. Can anyone shed some much needed light on how I could still make this wedding still special or just postpone. I appreciate anyone's input I'm sure alot of you are in the same boat right now.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Shanice, on June 10, 2021 at 17:38
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your wedding and hoping you will be able the one you want!

I completely understand your frustration as most of our guests will be 1 or 2 people per table and finding smaller tables is expensive! Plus trying to figure out 6' distance per person is very stressful in our small backyard. We had wanted family/harvest long tables as well which can be done by seating people 6' apart and having their spouse across the table from them.

I'm sure it will be much more open for you in October. Good luck.

• Victoria
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Talking this out with someone else is very helpful i really appreciate your opinion . Yes I am planning on cheese cloth I can hold off ..... 4 months seems so close and I haven't purchased any table decor because of this honestly by biggest stress lol everything else is set . Thanks for your positivity 😊
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you able to hold off on these decisions a bit longer? It's looking more and more promising that the fall will be a whole new ballgame and restrictions will be very different or possibly won't even be around for smaller weddings like yours.

But it doesn't hurt to have backup plans. If you need to have smaller tables I think setting them up like Hank suggested is the closest to your original vision. Since you're looking at cheesecloth runners you can easily cut them yourself if you do order a long size and are stuck with smaller tables. And you should still be able to do the same table decor you were planning originally. I think it will still look just as good as one long table.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it !
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You might have to space out the tables by 6 ft. You'll have to check with the venue and see what the rules will be by that time. But I'd wait it out re getting table runners in case you're allowed the long tables.
    If I were you though, I'd definitely make alternative plans for a 25 person wedding in case that threshold doesn't increase by the time of your wedding.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for taking the time to visually show me what it would look like so there isn't a huge amount of spacing in my head I pictured tables spaces apart and it would look and feel wierd. I'm planning on table runners how do I pre plan for that do I order per table or 1 large piece and cut it ?Feeling deflated 1
    This is the tables they are using
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can still do the long table row setup, it just won't be a continuous long table.

Feeling deflated 2

Who knows, maybe by Halloween we'll be in Step 3. You have a bit of time to wait it out.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know , I'm glad I'm not the only one . Basically everyone stays seated the whole time and no socializing doesn't make much sense at all .
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same way how do I sit single people/couples is people are supposed to be from the same household. No idea how this logistically is going to work

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics