Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Magda
Beginner February 2020 Ontario

February or April Wedding

Magda, on July 17, 2019 at 08:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hello,

My fiance and I finally picked the venue for our wedding. We put a hold on two dates that were available, one is February 8th and the other one April 25th. We were supposed to get married this year, however we were so busy with everything else, planning a wedding had to be postponed.

My worry with February 8th is that we might get crazy snow storm and people won't come to our wedding, however you can't never predict the weather...April 25th is safer when comes to the weather but it is later in a year, and we really excited to get married soon, since we already postponed it from this year.

Do I worry too much about the weather? I know a lot of couples do get married in the winter. Are there any brides getting married during winter months in Ontario?

I love the idea of snow in photos but not a blizzard +40cm Smiley tongue

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on July 21, 2019 at 20:59
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think both of those dates are equally risky. February will be freezing, while April could be cold, hot, raining, snowing (unlikely, but it could happen). I think planning a February wedding will allow for more consistency tbh (and like others have said, some amazing winter shots!).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The weather is absolutely insane!! I feel like you want the february wedding, you can get some great winter shots! I personally think April brings the showers and while you can get some decent shots, it could be mucky outside.

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly the way things are going right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if it snows in April too ! The weather is SO uncertain don’t base your wedding off of that! If you had to postpone it already I say go with February. It’s close enough to Valentine’s Day too so you can celebrate with your new husband! 🤗
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It comes down to what your and your FH would like. You have to plan for weather either way like Katelyn said. April could be a ton of rain, and February could be a ton of snow, you just never know as things change so much around here.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The weather is what I would also consider and April wedding sounds better since its cooler and your guests can come out that time frame.

February is unstable due to the weather and the temperature. Flu or cold is also what causes your guests to not show up due to the drive or accidents happening at anytime given.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve gotten snowstorms in April before so you never know! If in your heart you want February then pick February I think. I may be biased though cause I’m a winter wedding bride 😋
  • Magda
    Beginner February 2020 Ontario
    Magda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My heart tells me February and my gut tells me April lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like how Katelyn is saying go with your gut - if it's only based on weather then go with what you want because weather is so unpredictable!

As for what I think - I would probably go with the February 8th date anyway because April 25th is so close to Easter already. February 8th is a month past Ukrainian Christmas and even further past English Easter!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think whichever your gut tells you is the correct option. You will have to plan for the weather either way as April will bring lots of rain. I personally would choose the april date because I'd prefer to have that extra bit of time for planning. It goes by so fast. But the winter photos will really be much nicer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics