Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanny
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
Vanny, on February 29, 2020 at 22:04

Posted in Wedding reception 45

Anyone not doing favours at their wedding?
Anyone not doing favours at their wedding?

45 Comments

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing favors. Maple leaf jars full of maple syrup.
  • Trisha
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, favours will be a thank you photo after the event.

• Corinne
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Corinne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing hexagon marble coasters as place cards/favours - double duty, saves money, something guests will use. 🙂
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided to do a candy bar with an ice cream station.Hit up the dollar store and got really cute cardboard cupcake cup things that will work amazingly well for ice cream and keeps the portion sizes down so that everyone can have some.We will also have a ton of cupcakes and a dessert bar for everyone to enjoy.Favours! 1

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing wedding favours. We have found at weddings that we have been at that they more often than not get left at the hall and we didn't want to waste our money. Instead, we are doing a candy bar. That way everyone can have a treat and if there is some left over at the end of the day, I know it will still get eaten.

• Christianne
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Christianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No we are not doing wedding favors, and I am so relieved!

• Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan on making little jars of strawberry jam (we love be near a great pick-yoir-own strawberry farm) and zucchini relish (using our own veggies). If everything gets left on the tables, we'll enjoy them!
  • YVan
    Beginner September 2020 Quebec
    YVan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are!
    Being a foodie myself we decided to give donuts as wedding favors lol so guests will be able to leave go home with a donut placed in a personalized little pastry bag.

• Nawal
    Newbie August 2020 British Columbia
    Nawal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not for us! Waste lf money and will wnd up in the trash!
  • V
    Beginner June 2020 Alberta
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided to not to favours. I seen another comment floating around mentioning about the photographer taking pictures of everyone.. so that would just be the wedding favour. We are having 4 hours of photography and only 20 guests, so I think it is better to just send all the guests some photos that were taken of them at our wedding. Not worth the money to have favours left behind/or forgotten.
  • A
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am struggling with wedding favours as well. I'm not a huge fan, and also feel like they just get picked up and thrown out or left behind.

Suggestions are welcome, including non-profit organizations (this was one of our thoughts too).

Thanks!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping them altogether. Too many of them get left behind and it's just a wasteful added expense to me. Instead we will use money we would have spent on favors to add more appetizers!
  • Dara
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Dara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, we are donating to a non-profit organization very close to our hearts instead (org we adopted our greyhound through). We are going to have a little set up at the wedding with pictures of our dog, and other greyhounds that have been happily rehomed after racing! Including pamphlets for the organization and other info for guests to learn a bit more about it if they’re interested Smiley smile.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics