Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Devoted October 2021 Alberta

Favours

Taylor, on July 5, 2019 at 20:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 23

Im really stumped at what little favors to get for the guests. So far on google the only ideas i liked were cute cookies and little baby plants. The thing about the plants though is im not sure if that will be weired if we are doing a tree planting ceremony instead of rings. Anyone else have a cute favor idea? Would love to see some pics!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 26, 2019 at 01:44
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its a cute idea but no one would take them lol. Im thinking maybe cake pops or cookies that look like our service dogs with batman and superman symbols because we call them fatman and superjubey. not 100% sure yet

• Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can buy tree planting kits or gardening kits. They get a small pot, soil, and some seeds. That can tie in with your tree planting theme
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I think food is the safest because at least you can eat it if its left out

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH wanted to included maple candies somehow at our wedding so we are doing "his favourite" and "her favourite" snack wedding favours.

I think people are more likely to take them if they are food related too, my cousin and his wife did matches and there was tons leftover.

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I decided on small jars of honey for our wedding favours. A really great friend of mine is a bee keeper and I thought it was more personable and VERY cost efficient. My friend will have her company logo on each jar, but we will tie a cute little tag on them with the saying "Spread the Love" with our thanks and date of the wedding on it. If the guests choose not to have the fresh honey, we can use the leftovers.

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats actually a super cute idea! Problem is I cant eat chocolate/cocoa so if someone left it behind or there was extra I wouldnt be able to eat it lol. Or I could and spend the next 24 hours sick as heck. But I might snoop and see what else I can find that can relate to dogs and super heros.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could you find some chocolate molds that are shaped like dogs or superhero's and make your own chocolate favours?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very cute names and love them!

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats awesome! I love chihuahuas. I dont think anyone who is invited is that health conscious but the next thing is finding something we both like that everyone can eat!
    Juliet (Brown) Jackson (white)Favours 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems we both have chihuahuas as kids. I have 2 named Raja (boy) and Abu (girl) and they just angels as yours are with you.

Glad you came to the decision of candy since you can enjoy what's left behind and munch from those who are health conscious or not into sweets. Might as well eat what you like.

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah i noticed that alot. thats kind of why i want something that if they were left behind then i can have them myself! lol

• Jennifer
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One wedding I went to (mind you it was a low key backyard thing) gave out a beer koozie that had a really cute saying on it "To have and to hold and to keep your beer cold" with the couple's names and wedding date. To be honest I think that's only of the only favors that we actually use even 3 years after the wedding.

I was also given a little tree as a favor at one wedding, but I did notice that a lot of them were left behind.

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont think theres something we both like that everyone could eat. We have very different tastes. he is insanely picky as it is. he likes chewy candy but 4 guests have no teeth. i like sour but not many others do. might have to look at the candy store at this point because theres always a reason i cant do something lol

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that is a hard one. Do you guys have any favourite candies? Chocolate? Cookies? Snack? Those are also options. Guests also love the edible favours because then they don’t just get put in a cupboard and forgotten about
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a bottle opener per couple (or individual for the single guests) and a box of candy for every person. That way they get something practical and something sweet!

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a cute idea. Im stumped because hes into superheros and wrestling and i just like dogs lol. im allergic to cocoa and hes allergic to hazelnuts and I want to be able to eat any leftovers. Then theres the whole fact his sister is allergic to gluten lol!

• Casey
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really want to have little jars of unpopped popcorn and some seasoning that say "Thanks for Popping By!". My FH loooooooves popcorn.
  • Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats good advice. However I dont know how to do that because there is no theme and he loves wrestling and batman and I love chihuahuas lol!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know you want to do trees and that's a good idea for what is important to you both. If you feel that the baby plants will be left behind, seeds can be given in bag with the name tags and thank you on the other side. This way, you get to spread to love of earth to everyone in an economical way.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing his and hers chocolates. So each couple will get 2 Lindor chocolates and 2 packs of M&Ms.
    Try to think of something that either matches your theme or is special to you and your FH
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The blanket idea is great !! sooo cute.

• Taylor
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are too cute! I have never heard of someone doing that. Who doesnt love a snuggley blanket?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH are leaning towards blankets

Favours 2

But they will most likely just be the ones from Ikea and all the same.

Other than that we were thinking of something like a bottle opener or shot glass.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics