Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Favorite Wedding Planning Moment

Liberty, on May 24, 2021 at 18:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21
What has been your favourite wedding planning moment so far?

Mine has been having my mom join me wedding dress shopping via video chat. I live in Alberta and she lives in Ontario and the thought of her joining via video chat hadn't even crossed my mind but the bridal store asked if anyone would be joining via video chat when I booked the appt, so I asked my mom and she was more than happy to join!
It was very special to have her join in some form! She even cried when I tried on my favorite dress from that store!
Thought I'd share a picture, this is the dress that I thought would be my dress. I loved this dress online and when I saw it in the store, I thought it was even more beautiful! Its beautiful but not the one for me!
Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 1

21 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on May 29, 2021 at 11:44
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much Liberty!! 🙏🏾💕
    This is the first time I’m visiting a literal venue. The other options I had was family owned backyard and farmland. I’m so excited to go see it and pray for a great date to be available. Hahaha.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looks like a beautiful venue!! Have the best time at your viewing! I loved going to look at venues! It's a surreal experience picturing your wedding in the location you're standing in!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea Tiana.

I did the seating chart on my own just to see how many tables we will need. Hahah. But I’ll definitely have to redo it with my fiancé and MOH to see their ideas.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s a beautiful dress Liberty!!

Thanks for sharing your favourite wedding planning moment. Mine would be when I found my dress through my aunt and trying them on. Then finding a beautiful venue that the entire family is in love with!!!! We will be taking a tour of the venue next week Saturday and I cannot wait to see it. The only thing is our official date will have to change since they are all booked for October. But it will be fine, I would change the date for this location. Hahahaa
    Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 2
    Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 3
    Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 4
    Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 5
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will definitely take that advice for when I do my seating chart! I tried to do a mock seating chart (assuming everyone on our guest list came) just to see how it would go over and it kinda stressed me out!
  • Tiana
    Curious June 2022 British Columbia
    Tiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That dress is so beautiful!

Honestly our favourite part so far has been the seating chart. We had the most fun planning on how people would work well together, who would bring someone out of their shell, and who would be a good buffer. Highly recommend wine while doing this - just be sure to double check it the morning after!
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a gorgeous dress!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!! I'm very blessed to have someone who wants my dreams to come true Smiley heart

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Both great memories! So exciting you get to have your wedding where you always dreamed of!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 2 favorites.

The first one was definitely when my fiance and I signed our contract for our wedding venue! Our venue is a winery and has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl to be able to get married at this place.

Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 6

The second one was when I said yes to my dress. I tired on probably around 10 before I tried on this one that I said yes to. As soon as I put it on I was in love. I stated crying, my MOH, my mom and my dad started crying. It was just a beautiful moment Smiley heart

Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 7

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Venue hunting is soo fun!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the same way!! I love working on DIYs and I'm really excited to see all the projects come together!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well so far my favourite part has been planning my DIY'S pinterest has been my best friend. However, I think eventually my favourite part will be seeing it all come together.....let's hope 😅
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite part of wedding planning was venue hunting (all done before covid). I liked seeing all of the different venues and trying to visualize what our wedding would look like in them. When we walked into ours we instantly loved it. Unfortunately it's demolished now so we'll be back on the hunt when we get around to planning our reception. But it will be fun to look again!

• Aimerance
    Curious April 2021 Ontario
    Aimerance ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My favorite moment was probably visiting venues as that was our first initial start in wedding planning before the pandemic hit. I also enjoyed wedding dress shopping because I got to bring my mom, sister and bridesmaids along and it was special
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The favourite moment of planning our wedding was going outfit shopping to get husbands wedding sherwani (Indian clothing) and suit along with accessories to match the outfit.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats smart!! Options in our town are pretty limited so everyone probably knows someone who's been married at any of the venues
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We also tried to actively not pick venues our friends/families got married at to avoid some of the inevitable comparisons to each other's weddings.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be so fun!! All those venues look amazing! I would have had a hard time choosing! We only looked at 3 venues. There was a 4th we were considering but didn't do a site visit as a good friend of mine got married there a couple months before we got engaged.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's some pics of the venues we visited

Favorite Wedding Planning Moment 8

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Visiting venues with my fiancee. We did 12 venue visits across the GTA, all with different character and options so it really allowed us to visually what we wanted to do with the budget we're working with.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics