Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Fathers gifts

Meghan, on January 27, 2018 at 15:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I’m looking for suggestions for father of the bride/ groom gifts. We’re going to get the mothers necklaces but are stuck on what to get our dads. All the suggestions I’ve seen are custom handkerchiefs or ties but I don’t feel that fits our fathers. Anyone have any unique ideas?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on January 31, 2018 at 16:00
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was at a loss for my dad as well. I ended up letting my fiance decide for the fathers and he chose pocket watches which we got engraved. You can also gift an experience, which I would have loved to do if I could do it with them (I don't live anywhere near my dad). Something like a round of golf for the two of you, or a woodwork workshop, something that you both enjoy to do together.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave each of the set of parents gift certificates to have albums made with wedding photos. Try finding something that they enjoy and go from there. Buy them a round of golf if they like to play. A new fishing rod if they like to fish. Stuff like that.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think as long as you find something that reflects who they are and how you feel about them they will love it.

• Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If they’re more rough tough guys An engraved leather man! One handle engraved their name or initials and the other handle the date of your wedding?
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just wonderingSmiley winking Our parents have been supportive, but we've planned and paid for everything for the wedding. I don't think parents realize how much detail and planning a wedding is. My parents have no clue. We will probably just give them a coffee table album of pictures from the wedding.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Because they spent their life raising us and taking care of us? They support us and love us? Both my parents and their spouses are contributing, and so are my FHs parents. So to me I think they deserve something, even though nothing can match up to what they have provided for us since we were born!
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess it depends on how involved your parents are in the wedding. Our parents are helping a lot with the cost as well as hosting different events leading up to the wedding and with different aspects of planning.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can someone explain why do we have get the parents a gift? We are paying for the wedding ourselves so it just seems like an unnecessary added expense. Smiley gift
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're thinking either an engraved watch or a golfing accessory, since both our dads love to golf.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want thinking a watch, or something for his bike. He absolutely loves riding his bike so I think if I can maybe get him a customized something for it I think he'd like that. Try to think of his hobbies and stuff he really likes.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to get my dad a watch engraved with "To the man I loved first, love Boo" because he used to call me Boo when I was younger and if I get my dad this we are going to get my fiances dad a pocket watch with an engraving on the back as well. We havw also looked at pocket knives and engraved fishing poles

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics