Skip to main content
Sasha
Super October 2017 Ontario

Father of the bride attire

Sasha, on July 17, 2017 at 10:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
Saved
I was wondering what people are doing for their father's outfit? We are renting him a suit but I'm unsure of what colours he should have.The groomsmen are wearing the picture I have attached (the colour of the vest and tie are currently up for debate though). But I don't think I want my dad to match the groomsmen exactly.
I was thinking of maybe having him in a black or charcoal suit and having his tie/vest match what colour my mom is wearing but I don't know.
Im curious as to what is everyone else doing?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 21, 2017 at 12:50
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura
    • Dispute

I am letting my parents dress themselves. Dad has a black silk suit that he wore to my brothers wedding that he recently had rebuilt to current style and fit and my mom is in a sparkly peachy gold floor length dress. It is their 50th wedding anniversary as well so I want them to be a bit distinct from the wedding. Except for me and my big ivory dress everyone is in gray or charcoal and the flowers are red and pinks so I am pretty happy with how it worked out.

• Sasha
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!! 馃槃I think I will put him in a darker suit and either have him matching my mom or same colours as groomsmen then. I will see what he prefers. Thank you!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany
    • Dispute
    I like the groomsmens outfit. I would put him in the same colours but with the darker jacket like you suggested. Or matching ur mom. That would look good. Is he walking u down the aisle? He should maybe match the wedding colours if so
  • Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela
    • Dispute

Definetly rent a suit or tux but do not let it match any of the groomsmen or groom.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine
    • Dispute
    My dad has a suit and would not allow me to dress him... Asked if he wanted me to get him a tie (nope)... Guess I'll see what he is wearing day of.
  • Sasha
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Smiley laugh
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin
    • Dispute

I think having your parents match is a very cute idea! I'm not entirely sure what my stepdad will wear but I am sure my mum will most likely pick it out lol. I'm sure that whatever your father wears will look great!

• Sasha
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    Oops forgot to attach the photo!

Father of the bride attire - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics