Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Father/daughter, Mother/son Dance

Holly, on April 22, 2019 at 13:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
We are planning our parent dances and are kind of stuck on what we want. We both don't really want to dance for a full song alone so we were thinking of doing a split dance but are trying to figure out how to do it.
For those that have or plan to do this, how did you do it? Did you split the song and have one dance the beginning and one the end or did you do it all together at once?

I've also read about couples dancing with the mother/father of their significant other during this dance too. I don't think we'll do that, just stick to during the main part but I am curious to what others have done.

We also have absolutely no clue what song to use. We don't want anything too slow and sappy. My stepmom suggested "Humble and Kinds" by Tim McGraw. What are you all using? Any suggestions?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on April 24, 2019 at 05:01
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Holly!

Yes, I would definitely advise the same as Becky and speak with the DJ and ask for him/her to mix 2 songs together.

If there was a particular song you would like, that could be the first song, and then ask the DJ to recommend a second song with the same tempo they could blend in seamlessly.

Here are some songs I love for father-daughter dances and mother-son dances -

"Forever Young" by Rod Stewart

"Home" by Phillip Phillip

"Days Like This" by Van Morrison

“You Are My Sunshine” by Johnny Cash

"I'll Be There" by Jackson 5

“What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong

Do you and your FS's parents have a favorite artist? Perhaps you could incorporate them Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome! I would def ask your dj though, he would had suggestions for songs that are compatible and has prop done it in the past.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never even thought about doing that! We'd definitely have to make sure the songs are compatible so that way they can easily mash together for the switch.
    I definitely won't be dancing with my stepdad so no worry there lol
    We just don't like having all the attention on us like that so that's why we want to split the dance so we aren't in the centre of attention for a full song, we already have to do that with our first dance lol

Thanks so much! Awesome suggestion!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would talk to your DJ and see if they could start the one song and do half and then part way - the people swap and the song changes- but its nicely put together.

If you have step parents and this is why you want two songs or them split in half- believe you have mentioned in past. then doing the two songs in length of one would work fine. Or I would ask your dj for some short songs too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics