Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ally
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Family Wedding Photo Display with Seperated Parents - Thoughts? Tips?

Ally, on December 12, 2018 at 14:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hi Everyone!

For our wedding, I would love to do one of those photo memory tables with pictures from parents/grandparents etc. weddings. Only thing is my FH's parents are divorced (have been for almost 10 years now). His mom has since re-married but his dad is flying solo at the moment. If both his parent's had significant others this would be so much easier - I would just include a photo with each of them with their new husband/wife. But since my FH's dad isn't in a relationship, how do I include him without it being awkward? Does anybody else have experience with this? How did you navigate the situation? I'm starting to think of just skipping the idea all together to avoid the drama but I just thought I would see if anyone has any recommendations before I totally throw in the towel.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on December 13, 2018 at 21:39
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely include a picture of your FH and his dad.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this idea! It's sweet.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why don't you put up a photo of your FH and his dad? Doesn't have to be all coupled up photos.. you could even make it a theme, of including photos of you and your FH with those parents... so that no one really stands out?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking the same thing but ended at the solution of just not doing a table like this one :/

My parents are still together (25+ years), my Baba and Gigi were married for 50+ years until my Gigi's passing, and my Grandpa only remarried after my Grandma passed away and has since divorced (Thank God!) - but my FH's family isn't in the same situation. I think that if anything I may get us to take a picture holding up the pictures of the marriages that didn't fail but who knows if I'll even do that.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to do something similar. but then ended up changing it to a "those who can't be with us" photos (because one of my good friend passed away and my dad has too). if we had stuck with it. we probably would have included a photo of FH's dad with FH (his parents are split. mom was remarried...just separated). or not include the parents...and stick with grandparents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics