Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island

Family outfits for elopement

Katherine, on May 21, 2020 at 08:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
We are planning on eloping with our parents and grandparents this year and then having our big church wedding next year. My mom is totally lost on what they should wear to this ceremony. She has her mother of the bride dress already but wants to save it for the big wedding.
Also, should my father be in a suit or a dress shirt and tie? I know elopements can be pretty casual at times but I’d like everyone to look nice.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on May 21, 2020 at 19:23
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where are you getting eloped? I would say go big (ish). I assume you'll take pictures and if so, you may want to look back and see everyone dolled up for when you got married.

• Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going ahead with our wedding this summer and we're all dressing up, regardless of how many people are there. I want the full experience because this is going to be our big day.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Up to you - but what is your FH wearing? If he's wearing a whole suit and tie, then I would say that your parents could dress up that much too. If he's wearing a dress shirt and tie, I would say to have the parents dress down as well. You and FH should be the most dressed up IMO.

• Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends, your elopement can be as fancy or as casual as you want! Just depends on whatever style you want to look back on. What is your fiance wearing? Some grooms dress pretty casual for their actual wedding (I'm thinking dress shirt and vest combos), so I would use whatever your fiance wears as a guideline.
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought a second plain white dress. My FH said that he wants to save my gown for next year and that’s been his only request in the entire planning process of 2 weddings 😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's really ultimately up to you and them, but I would imagine anything they would wear to a typical wedding would be fine. If you want to make it more special maybe get boutonnieres and corsages to make them feel more officially dressed.

Are you wearing *the* dress? Because that could up the dress code a bit if you want it to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics