Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Family Drama

Alexa, on March 3, 2018 at 23:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
UPDATE: I talked to my mom yesterday about The divorce , where she stands with wedding promises she made and told her I knew my dad is not my bio dad. My mom thinks it is really sad that my fiancee doesn't want his parents help pay with the wedding ( My fh thinks that his parents helped with enough and wants to prove he is self suffient unlike his 2 other brothers, they already gave us 80,000 toward our house which we are paying them back for) So my mom is paying for her side of catering and that is it( originally she was going to pay for flowers, decor , my wedding dress , half of alcohol costs ). I confronted about my bio dad. and she said her dad had everyone in the family promise never to tell me about my bio dad and that she won't apologize for keeping it a secret and not telling me because she did it out of love. She said she had a violent past and ptsd2 because of it and won't tell me details because that is her story. She didn't know who the dad was and when I was born I looked alot like gpa and Clint so assumed I was clints daughter. Clint came in the picture a few years after I was born asking to see me and my mom told him to go away. I am confused with my emotions I am so angry. I had the right to know even for genetic reasons. the whole family lied to me for 24 years and treated me different because of it. and due to the divorce I am not even happy to get married how can I be happy when my parents marriage is failing?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 5, 2018 at 14:52
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a child of divorced parents I would like you to take this to heart: your parents' failing marriage is not your fault and you are not doomed to repeat their mistakes. This is an unfortunate situation for you to be in considering that planning your wedding should be a happy occasion for all. I think you should maybe talk to someone about how you are feeling so that it doesn't eat you up inside (I do understand why you are angry though). You will most likely need to address this again with your mother but I would do that after the wedding (too many heightened emotions will get you nowhere).

Remember that you and your FH have a different relationship from your parents and focus on that. I hope you are able to make it through this and find the joy in your wedding again.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the ladies! I can’t imagine how difficult it would be being in your situation but this day is about you and your fiancé! Focus on your relationship and the love you have for eachother
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is a complicated situation. I agree with Jessica about remembering why you’re getting married. Otherwise this is going to ruin what could potentially be the happiest day of your life.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about the divorce and everything that's happening right now. It's important to remember why you chose to get married in the first place, and that the love you have for your fiance is something you share with him and no one else. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics