Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

False Eyelashes - Yea or Nay?

Lynnie, on August 22, 2019 at 17:11 Posted in Beauty 0 18

How long will your bridal lashes be? Are you keeping things fairly au naturel with mega mascara, getting some eyelash extensions, or wearing full-on falsies?

False Eyelashes - Yea or Nay? 1

Photo from Glam in Van - Carly Martin Makeup & Hair in Vancouver

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on April 13, 2023 at 06:51
  • Vanessa
    Beginner October 2019 Texas
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am definitely doing false lashes. They just enhance your eyes in pictures! If you're looking for a pretty natural look, MAC 33's are AMAZING!

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going natural/no eye lash extension. They are included with the MUA, but I have bad reactions to a lot of medical adhesives and glues (like even the most hypoallergic stuff they use in hospitals sometimes...lol). When we talked about it during the make-up session she did for engagement photos, my MUA said I probably wouldn't need them anyway as mine are pretty long naturally...I've personally never noticed, but I'll trust her opion on this...lol

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was thinking of not doing false eyelashes for the longest time but after my makeup trial, they really make my eyes pop, and I didn't react to the glue/notice them at all!

False Eyelashes - Yea or Nay? 2

False Eyelashes - Yea or Nay? 3

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I probably won't be wearing any. I have sensitive skin and don't have time/money to test out the glues to see if I'd react to any of them.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never wore false lashes. I am considering wearing them because I think they will make the photos that much better.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was against false lashes at first. But my MOH told me to trust her and let her put them on me. So we did a trial with just some drug store ones and honestly they look so natural and I couldn't even feel them. I'm sold.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm undecided. I have pretty long lashes but they're not full enough right now. I'm gonna get closer to the date and see, but I'll likely wear natural false lashes so it just looks a bit fuller.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TIP: if you are going to cry a lot... either DO NOT wear false lashes OR make sure to bring your glue with you!!

I wore false lashes for the big day and once I cried a little seeing my dad all dressed up, they had started to pop off on the corners from the tears. but no worried because I had my glue with me but still.. not something you want to forget. If i could go back I would have gotten my lashes done professionally.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good question, I am going back and forth on this. I would love to wear false lashes for a dramatic look, but then I worry as my eyes are sensitive and I may end up a hot mess. I think when I do my make up trial I will have her put them on and see how the day plays out, and go from there. Does anyone know what the best type/brand is to get?

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did natural lashes, however I did cheat a bit and was using lash growth serum prior to the wedding. The make up artist for our wedding commented on how long my lashes were and how they nearly touch my eyebrows hahaha. I guess the growth serum worked well for me!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Natural lashes! On a normal makeup look I don't use mascara at all and if I do I just use clear mascara so for my wedding I might use actual black mascara though Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't sure- the last 4 weddings went to all different MUA all put false lashes on and they all didn't stay on the whole day. Im going to do extensions and try it out- fingers crossed

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting false lashes for sure. I love wearing them. I want a more dramatic look
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just doing false lashes. Going for a more natural look, with some length as my lashes are very blonde!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not going with false lashes, just going to do mascara. I am pretty comfortable with my lashes the way they are, they’re fairly long.
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning on some falsies but not too dramatic, more natural, just to add more fluff as my actual eyelashes are on the thin side and points straight down Smiley smile

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False lashes are included in my MUA's price but I haven't worn them before though so I'm a little nervous. I hope they still look natural.

• Brianne
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Things to keep in mind and discus with whoever might be doing your make up, I’ve done bridal make up and extensions will limit products I can use. If you want eye shadow a specific way, or even liner all of that can affect your extensions as well. Extensions can also lengthen the time it takes for a make up artist to work around based on what your look will be. I know a lot of women have done them before destination weddings (beach usually leads to a very dewy natural look, and the extensions are there to provide a more natural but done up look.) venue, elegant, or dramatic looks will be impacted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics