Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Master October 2020 New Brunswick

Fall Brides and Grooms

Amelia, on February 17, 2020 at 20:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

We ran into friends while registering for gifts yesterday and while talking about the wedding they said "October! That'll be here so soon"

Are there any other Fall couples out there who are starting to feel the time crunch? We're getting married on October 2, 2020 and I feel like the pressure is on now. We still need to design invitations, go shopping for future hubby's suit (and shoes and accessories), decide on florals for our centerpieces, now I've got a bridal shower to register for, and so much more. I swear my to do list gets longer instead of shorter!
What is next on your list? Or what are you currently stressing about? Please feel free to unload in the comments below!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on February 18, 2020 at 19:25
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 11th over here! We just have to get suits sorted out for groom and groomsmen! Everything else is done or we've got a good start on. I am just so excited and can't wait.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh yes!! I had to start thinking about that early as I have 7 bridesmaids 😂
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhh so much to do thats so exciting!!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint site was easy and didn't take long to get the invitations done and hubby didn't get his suit until 2 weeks before the wedding itself. Its a tough call though the price was about the same to rent. Wish it was since he doesn't wear it much these days. Renting a suit seems easier as all accessories and shoes are included rather than purchasing everything separately.

The amount of things to get done seems tensioned due to timing and schedule. Just one task at a time was done based on when we both were off together going to get each one done and looking into rentals too.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I need to talk to our photographer about the timeline before I can figure out ceremony times and all the fun stuff. Plus I have no clue about hair or makeup so getting that timeline is way out of my league.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in September and it hit me about a month ago how much we still have left to do! We got most of the big things done right away, but FH is a procrastinator and doesn't realize how much we still have left to do. I agree with you that the to-do list seems to get longer every day though, every time we make a major decision we then have to figure out all of the minor details to go along with it.

Right now I am nagging FH to get me email addresses for his half of our save the dates so that I can get them sent out, and we are meeting with officiants this week.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m October 03,3020 and I’m feeling it too!! I’m more starting to stress about the timeline and how things will flow 😅😅
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Rayanne! I'll try to send you some good planning vibes in October 😉
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    While I'm not a fall bride once we hit around your wedding date I'll be feeling the pressure of mine lol. I should be mailing out our invites around then. Good luck with everything going on now.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha you're probably wiser than most for that! Mine only has 3 of them so it's not terrible and we see his brother enough that there's no avoiding my heckling for him Smiley winking

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Chasing groomsmen was another reason we skipped a wedding party! Some of my fiance's friends are the worst procrastinators and I would have steam coming from my ears if I needed to deal with them dragging their feet.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is the week before yours but it hasn't quite hit me yet how soon it is. Right now I'm gathering materials for putting together our invites so we can get those out by early May but not stressing about it yet. We're also going to stay with FH's aunt for a couple days at some point soon and talk cakes with her, since she's making ours. Aaaand I have to get on FH to build an arch and remind his groomsmen to get fitted for their suits and anything he's responsible for could take awhile lol.

I've also been agonizing over whether I want chargers or not. I love the look of them but can't justify renting nice glass ones for $3.50 apiece but could potentially get some cheaper plain silver ones from Michaels and see if I can rent them out or sell them again afterwards... But it's still a hefty chunk of change to fork out. UUUGH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics