Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2022 British Columbia

Fake flowers, yay or nay?

Meghan, on November 16, 2020 at 14:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

So my fiancee is allergic to life in general, but pollen is one allergic that really gets him. He said he would deal with real flowers, but I want him to be comfortable, and not sneezing uncontrollably during our vows haha. Any tips on good fake flowers? Specifically, peonies, hydrangeas, lilacs and lavender? (I think he is ok with lavender, so that one is less of an issue)

thanks!!

(pic is the bouquet I LOVE)

Fake flowers, yay or nay? 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Elena18, on June 27, 2023 at 09:44
  • E
    Newbie August 2024 Greater London
    Elena18 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, I've been following this discussion and I totally understand the dilemma of wanting beautiful flowers without causing discomfort to those with allergies. I recently came across a site called Sublime Plants https://sublimeplants.co.uk/ that offers a wide range of artificial plants and flowers. They have some really beautiful options that look incredibly realistic. Specifically, their artificial peonies and artificial hydrangeas caught my eye. They might be a good option for those of you looking for allergy-friendly alternatives. Hope this helps!

• S
    Newbie February 2023 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I highly recommend Sarah from Bushel in Bloom in the GTA. She does artificial flower rentals an brought my flowers to life!! www.bushelandbloom.com

• S
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Shanise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing, thank you!!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course. She is in Edmonton though

https://www.floweraffairs.com

• S
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Shanise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in Calgary and would love to check out this vendor. Can you please provide the website?
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am for artificial flowers, since I don't want spend big money on that! To get flowers I want and as much as I want would cost a lot. So to keep it in the budget nut still beautiful, and less stress how they will last and how to deliver.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Artificial/Fake flowers are less expensive and no allergic reaction for your husband to be dealing with sneezing issues.

I did choose to go with a white floral ball on top of a vase for each table to keep it simple yet elegant. Water beads of different colours represented the pride flag colours as one per table with immersible lights in the vase.

• Deborah
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using fake flowers for our upcoming wedding! I highly recommend Jamilah Florals: https://jamilahflorals.com/ Her flowers look beautiful and real, and they are a lot cheaper than real flowers.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Artificial flowers have come a long way, a lot of them are super realistic and they won't wilt like real flowers.

I have found lately that the craft store Michaels has some beautiful flowers. You can wait for sales or shop often and use their 30-40% off coupons (I've heard of brides going with several friends and they each use a coupon).
    I've heard a few brides on here have used websites like Ali Express, but I'm too visual to buy flowers online. Because of the pandemic I could only shop online and shipping fees were crazy so my bridesmaids and I made our bouquets out of hand made crepe paper flowers.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For things like your wedding arch, backdrops, and even table linings, I would absolutely use artificial flowers. No one is close enough to them to tell the difference and to be honest even if they are, no one will actually care. Check with event decorators in your area as they may have a large selection of artificial flower decor.

By the way, a lot of flowers are hypoallergenic. Roses, peonies, carnations, and hydrangeas have low pollen or won't blow easily and therefore won't affect allergies. But your florist can also assemble a silk flower bouquet as well if you absolutely want to go all artificial.

For your FH's bountonniere, you can use a silk flower or use a non-floral style pin if there's a symbol that's meaningful to both of you.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately we live in Edmonton Alberta and she's a local florist from here

• M
    Beginner June 2022 British Columbia
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see you are getting married in Kelowna, who is your vendor for these? I would love to get in touch with her as I am in Vernon.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing artificial flowers for our upcoming wedding! They absolutely look 100% real to the naked eye and feel real as well! Not to mention half the price of real flowers! We're doing Calla Lilies, Anemone Flowers (they almost look like poppies), Leaves and Berries for our Bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres. Then for our centerpieces, we have gone with Hydrangeas, Leaves and Berries

I only have a picture of them in a box at the moment. We just recently brought them back to the lady we bought them from and she's putting them together as we speak!

Fake flowers, yay or nay? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics